Chapter 8

Cordell House

Caprice/Bridge's POV

Why?How? Why Now?

The questions kept repeating themselves. I could hear footsteps racing up the stairs. "Bridge, I'm so sorry. Please come out and talk." I recognized Cameron's voice. I could definitely tell he was going to say things like "It was for your own good" or maybe "I'm sorry, can you forgive me?"  "Go away" I said, holding back my tears as best I could. 

§.........§

Sunday 

Leon's POV

"Don't worry bro, she's only 10. She doesn't exactly understand the whole point of this 'keeping her safe and happy' thing" I said. I could tell from the look in his eyes that he wasn't buying it. "So, we're just a year older than her and we understand" Cameron said. "Hey, everyone makes mistakes. Brownie?" I kinda jumped at the sight of Ares. His dark brown eyes looked sad, he didn't really do a good job of hiding his feelings.

Come to think of it, his eyes match his chocolate brownies. Also, why are the twins' eyes brown and Bridge's turquoise. Hmmmmmm

Wait, why am I even thinking about this. 

"I'm really sorry Ares, I shouldn't have taken the risk. It's all my fault" Cam said, he couldn't even bear to look him in the eyes. "Guys, it's time for lunch. Could one of you call Caprice down" Aria called from the kitchen. "Well, I'm gonna go call her. It's my fault she hasn't come out of her room, so I'm gonna get her out" Cameron volunteered. 

Uh oh, this cannot end well. Better go with him to keep them from killing each other

"I'm coming too, can't let you 2 try to kill each other" Cameron just sighed. Not exactly the reaction I wanted but at least he didn't say no.

Cameron's POV 

"Bridge, come outside and have some lunch, please" I begged hoping to get something out of her. She came outside, tear stains on her face. Before descending down the stairs, she passed me a look that either said ' I will kill you', ' stay away' or maybe just ' mind you your own business you douchebag'.

Great! Not only did I make her cry enough to stain her face, I made her want to kill me.

You did great Cam, just great

"Bridge!" Leon screamed as he ran and hugged Bridge. I was shocked to see her wrench herself free from the hug. I was right, I had broken her. 

Lunch was real quiet, after doing the dishes I went to my room. 

Cameron uh... whatever your last name's supposed to be, you are responsible for destroying the old Bridge. It's now your job to get her back.

I walked over to her room. Just in case, I brought a peace offering, and by that I meant I had about 10.

*flashback*

"Remember, if Cap is ever mad at you bring at least 5 peace offerings. The most effective ones are her favorite foods or GSW game tickets" Ares said, preparing us for when we surprise Bridge.

"Don't worry, that won't happen anytime soon" I assured him.

*end of flashback*

so much for not happening soon

Ok, this is it Cam, you can do this

"Bridge, you there?" "Come in" a voice called, it didn't sound familiar though. Oh no. "BRIDGE!" I cried as I hurled myself towards the door.  She seemed fine, no one else was in the room. "Sorry" I said, I could feel my face burning up. "That's fine" she said. I then realized the weird voice was hers. "What happened to you" I asked, trying my best not to make her even more upset. "Well, you've only heard me when I'm happy or mad so now you know how my 'sad' voice sounds like" she said sarcastically. I could see the tiniest glimpse of her smile. Yes! The old Bridge is coming back, slowly but surely. "I know you came to talk" she said quietly as she motioned to a chair near her bed.

I should've known on her intuition would beat me to her

Well, what now. Is she trying to fool me? Bridge wouldn't do that, would she? Should I talk or go straight to peace offerings?

But I should keep this conversation private first and foremost.

At this point, Leon, the twins and I started using our powers around the house since Bridge already knew, so I flicked my wrist and shut the door and locked it. "Bridge listen up, whatever happens in this room at this time stays here" she nodded and I looked her in the eyes.

All right, here it goes

§.........§

A/N

Hello, bringing you guys an early chapter since I'm gonna be busy tomorrow so see you guys next week. Adios

Sarcastic