CastielxReader: Angel Of Mercy

You held your knees to your chest as you looked out your bedroom window at Bobby’s house, watching the rain pet down up on the Earth. It had been a couple days since you had been released from the hospital and there was only one person you wanted to see. Alas, he had not shown up.

Deep down, you knew that he blamed himself for you being in the hospital with three broken ribs, but it never was his fault. You had made a rookie move fighting a poltergeist in a house minutes to falling apart. The thing got you where it wanted you and brought the ceiling down on you. Castiel had been with you and provided assistance when it turned out there were two poltergeists.

He had just finished the first one off when he watched the ceiling fall on you. You slightly heard him yell in agony, but you had lost consciousness. When you woke up, you were laying in a hospital bed with Dean asleep right next to you.

“Where is he?” You asked when he opened his eyes. He gave you a smile, but it disappeared when he took in your question.

“Sorry, __________, he hasn’t shown up yet.” You nodded sadly, but smiled brightly as Sam and Bobby came into the room, bringing you gifts and presents, expressing their brotherly/fatherly love and concern for you.

Now your smile was a ghost of the past. You had been forced to stay in the hospital for a week and, on doctor’s orders, forced to stat in your room and do as little as possible until your next checkup that was in three weeks. For now, you watched silently as the rain began to fall harder.

Soon a soft knock came on your bedroom door. You tilted your head to the side to see Dean standing in your doorway. He smiled.

“Hey, kiddo. Sam and I are going to the bar in town, so you’ll be on your own tonight, okay?” You nodded and looked back out the window in grief and despair. Suddenly, you felt warm arms wrap themselves around you, forcing hot tears to fall from you (e/c) eyes.

“I know, kiddo. I know. It’s gonna be alright, okay? He’ll come back,  I promise.” You nodded again and allowed Dean to hold you close for a little while longer as he let you cry into his shoulder, finally letting your loneliness and pain out for the first time in weeks. Afterwards, Dean helped you crawl under the covers of your bed, wrapping you in your favorite quilt that Bobby had gotten for you when you were in the hospital.

“Take care of yourself, kiddo.” Dean whispered as he kissed you lightly on your head before gently closing your bedroom door and walking downstairs, his heart breaking for you.

~~~~~~Sam and Dean POV~~~~~

“How’s she doing?” Sam asked as Dean walked down the stairs. The older Winchester sighed sadly and shook his head, taking a seat on the rickety old couch Bobby couldn’t part with.

“I don’t know what the hell that angel is up to, but what he’s doing, staying away from __________, it’s killing her.” He replied, quickly drinking his beer that had gone from ice cold to room temperature. Sam shook his head as he closed the book he had been researching.

“So, what do we do?” Dean sighed.

“Cas!” He called out as he stood back up on his feet, anger fueled him, anger that you were in pain. “Cas, you son of a bitch, you better get your feathery ass down here, so help me…”

It was silent for a few moments which made Sam begin to worry that something was wrong. Dean looked at his little brother and acknowledged his instinct, but he tried again.

“Castiel! You’re hurting her! She’s in pain and it’s YOUR fault!”

“Shut up!”

Sam and Dean quickly twirled around to see their angel friend, only to know that he was far from okay. They watched as Castiel stumbled out of the kitchen and leaned against the doorway for support, his eyes rolling from Dean to Sam in anger.
.
“Cas, what happened to you?” Sam asked as he watched Cas began to waver out of balance. The angel shook his head.