Chapter 3: The break up

As I drive up to the park and stop the car on the side of the road, I see Josh sitting on one of the benches waiting for me with a cigarette in his hand.

God how can I do this to him. He's going to hate me for cheating on him. Especially with Mason, he knew how I felt for him when we would all hangout together back then.

I turn off the car and get out and walk towards him, as I get closer he hears me approaching and looks up. Once he sees me, he gets up and walk towards me. "Hey baby, is everything ok? Why did you want to meet here instead of just coming over to my place." I look down at my feet and frown "Let's go sit down. I'll explain everything." He nods and lets us walk over to the bench he was sitting on. "Baby what's wrong? Look at me please. What happened?"

I take my time to look at him, and take a deep breathe looking into his eyes. "Josh.... Paul had to sell me to Mason Archer. It was apart of a deal my dad made with him before he was killed.... I live with him now and he is making us share a room." I take a few deep breaths trying hard not to cry. "Wait. Mason? From when we were kids and haven't seen in 6 years? Why would he want you when he killed your parents in front of you and Devin?" I slowly nod my head frowning feeling a few years fall down my cheeks. "Yes him, he wasn't the one who ordered them to be killed, it wasn't his gang, it was his father's gang that did it...."

Josh looks at me in my eyes and puts his head down "Is that what you wanted to tell me that you will be living in the same house and sleep in the same room with the guy you used to love, you know the one that was your enemy for the last 6 years! How can you believe a word he says to you Jenn?!" He screams at me and I flinch I hate seeing him like this, he gets mad, then he gets violent.

"Stop yelling Josh! I can believe him because before those 6 years we were enemies, him and I were best friends! That's not all I had to say to you, so can you please calm down? You know I don't like it when you get like this." He looks at me stunned, "How can I calm down when you are probably about to say something that is going to piss me off even more. I know you don't like seeing me mad baby. But I don't like that fact that my girlfriend is going to be sharing a bed with someone that she used to have feelings for."

I look down at my feet and let a tear slide down my cheek. "Josh I'm sorry, I truly am. But we have to end this, it won't work out anymore. We will be from different gangs now that he 'owns' me. Those feelings I had for him never went away fully, I just buried them deep inside me." I feel more tears slide down my face as he lifts his hand to my chin and makes me look at him with a frown set on his face. "Why didn't you tell me that you still had feelings for him?! We been together for over a year now for fuck sakes Jenn. Is he making you do this to us? Did he threaten you to make you break up with me?....." Josh takes a slight breathe taking in deep breathes curling his hand that isn't touching my face into a fist. "I couldn't tell you Josh, I couldn't tell anyone! He said I had to but no he isn't threatening me to do it. I'm so sorry Josh..... Mason and I we kissed... I pushed him away because I thought of you."

Josh's face goes from being in pain to being angry. He then swings his fist at me connecting with the side of my jaw. Lucky I had my mouth shut or it would of broke my jaw. As it was it split my lip because I feel the blood running down my chin. "You fucking kissed him! You little fucking slut! He jumps to his feet and stands over me and punches me again this time in the nose and I feel it break. "Josh stop please! I'm sorry! I didn't mean for it to happen I swear. We were talking and it just happened!" I yell at him but saying it just pisses him off more as he takes another swing at me, I block him from hitting my face with my arm and kick him in the gut making him curl over.

"You stupid fucking little bitch! You really think you can fucking take me really? I'm twice your fucking size!" He stands up and curls his fist again but I roll out of the way as he punches bench beside me. He growls and turns to me pulling a knife out of his pocket. Oh fuck! "Your going to regret cheating on me bitch! Let's see how Mason likes you when you no longer have that pretty face of yours." I snarl at him jumping up "I get that your hurt Josh but this is to fucking much! Stop it already! What do you think will happen to you when I go back to Mason like this huh?! What do you think my brother's will do to you once they find out?! You will be a dead man! You will never get me with that knife! I'm faster than you and you know that!" I scream at him backing up so I have more room when he lunges at me with it.