Chapter 5: A New Threat

Mason's POV

"You lying bastard! I saw my father killed in front of me! How dare you say he is still alive!" Jenn yells and goes to lunge at Kyle with the sharp knife I gave her earlier. I quickly grab her by the waist and pull her back. "Calm down Killer, we need him alive, if we want him to tell us the truth." I feel her struggle in my arms to break free of my grasp and I hold on tighter.

"Mason let me go! I will get answers out of him!" She yells and I let her go but keep close to her just in case I need to grab her quickly again. She picks up the bat again and swings it at his knee and you could hear his knee cap shattering. "You little bitch!" Kyle yells back at her trying to grab his knee. Jenn backs up putting the bat in both of her hands. "Now Kyle I will tell you what is going to happen. You're going to call these people or however you get a hold of them and tell them how we ruffed you up because of the money. Tell them you want to met up with them and we will be laying in wait to ambush them after to tell us where the spot is. If you lie to us your sister here dies and so does your parents, as well as your older brother. Got it?"

Kyle looks up to his sister who is sitting in a chair scared for her life than back to Jenn. "Fine but let go of my sister." Jenn shakes her head at him "No she stays her but will be not be harmed by any means more than she already has been unless you step out of line." It takes a while but Kyle finally agrees to it. Jenn turns her attention to the guys.

"Where is his phone?" She asks them and Kevin walks over handing it to her. "Here you go Killer, just make sure he makes the call away from the house. We don't need them tracking the call." She nods her head and cuts Kyle's restraints. "Come on Kyle we got a phone call to make." She starts to walk towards the door and I follow "I'm coming with you, you're not going out alone." She turns around pissed off. "I don't need your help, I can take care of myself!"

I grab her wrist and pull her close so I can whispers in her ear. "Princess I'm not asking I'm telling you. It's not up to debate I'm coming." She pushes me off of her and takes a step back. "I don't need to be treated like a child Mase, you don't need to." I know she can handle herself, she has proven that to me. But if Kyle is right and that our fathers are still alive they are dangerous and she will need the back up. It also makes me think to when Paul came up to me reminding me about the deal I had with their father but him owing me Jenn. I wasn't going to make them give me her no more after losing both of their parents. But Paul said his father told him about it a few days before he died and how he would keep up his father's end of the deal. So now I'm wondering if their dad David actually told him about before he died or afterwards and just been keeping up the front of thinking they died this whole time. "I'm not treating you like a child Jenn. Your pissed off and upset. I seen my father die too like you did. Kyle is probably wrong there is no way our fathers have faked their deaths for a year now with no one from the gangs seeing them. But if it is true, they could be waiting to catch one of us by ourselves to act. That's not going to happen to you. They were dangerous then, they still will be. I'm not taking any chances."

I go to reach out to her but drop my hand when she steps back once. "Your weak side is showing Mase, and with someone that works for someone other than my brother in the house to see it." I growl at her and push her up against the wall with my forearm. "Watch yourself Princess...." I hear the clearing of a throat behind me and turn around to see Kevin helping Kyle walk. "Are we interrupting something here? " He asks nodding to our position against the wall and I take a step back. "Not at all was just telling Killer here that I was going with her and Kyle to make the call, and was also reminding her who the boss is here." I feel daggers being shot at the back of my head by Jenn but I don't turn around to face her.

I look at Kyle who is being helped by Kevin to stand "How's the knee? Is it that bad you can't walk by yourself?" He looks over my shoulder to glare at Jenn. "The stupid skank over their shattered my knee by smashing a metal bat into it. How do you think it is!" He spits out before I could react Jenn is lounging at him and knocking him to the ground in the process she places one knee on the ground beside him before swinging punches down at his face that he can't block because his hands are behind him from when he tried to break their fall. I walk over and grab her off of him. "That's enough Killer, we need him for this plan of yours remember." She goes to swing off on me once and I grab her wrist stopping her.