five

luna's pov

i walk out of my room to see danny standing in the kitchen with two cups of coffee.

"luns cover up." he jokes as he sees im standing in only one of jacks t-shirts.

i chuckle, "ha ha very funny, when did you come in? i didn't even hear you."

"yeah i snuck in while you were sleeping. i figured you were still with jack so i didn't want to be too loud." he says as i walk over to the counter, grabbing a cup.

"how did you know that one was for you?" he jokes as i take a sip. "maybe it was for jack."

"what was for me?" we both hear as jack emerges from my room. he comes over to give me a quick kiss, as well as saying hello to danny.

"that cup of coffee that luna so rudely stole." he chuckles, causing jack to laugh along.

"well, what are we gonna do with yo-" jack begins to say before he is interrupted by his phone ringing. he looks down and his smile instantly starts to disappear. "i've got to take this, it'll only be a second."

and soon he disappears down the hall.

"so what were you guys up to last night?" danny says as he raises one eyebrow, insinuating that something did indeed go down.

"uh nothing actually, we were both pretty worn out from our night out that we crashed as soon as you left."

he doesn't seem to buy it as he takes his now empty cup to the sink. "my mom was asking me about jack, she says you better not be stupid luns."

"me? stupid? never." i say as we both laugh together. "i'm gonna go check on jack, i'll be back in a sec."

danny nods in response as i get up from my seat and walk toward jack. his voice soon starts to get louder and louder as i get closer.

i am about to open the cracked door, "i miss and love you too mads. you know i'd much rather be home with you."

oh. now i realize why it was urgent.

i turn on my heel and go back to the kitchen. danny can sense something is wrong, "is everything okay? what happened?"

"oh uh nothing. jack just misses his family already and it makes me sad for him."

"already? he's only been here for like 2 days." he says with a laugh as he starts to clean up.

"yeah i know, he's just super close to them." if only he knew how far from the truth that is.

"i'm just gonna go get a shower and start getting ready, thanks for the coffee." i say as i head toward my room.

"of course." i hear in response.

just then. the door open and out comes jack. i instantly smack a smile on my face, i don't want him to know that i overheard his conversation.

"hey, who was it?" i ask.

"oh, it was just johnson. he was telling me about a fight he had with claudia last night." oh. i didn't think he would start lying.

"oh okay, well is everything okay? what happened?" i ask, grilling him.

"nothing important, stupid little relationship fights. you know how that is."

sure. sure i do.

"okay well i'm gonna hop in the shower."

"want me to join?" jack says back with a smirk, placing his hands around my waste, pulling me closer to him.

"no! i mean no, it's okay. i'll be quick." the last thing i want right now is to be naked in a shower with someone who's lying right to my face.

i thought we were honest with each other. i didn't think we were going to be like every other couple.

i mean, how could we be. he has a whole other girlfriend back home which i know about and i'm okay with. i just know he's going to leave her, he keeps telling me so.

and i believe him when he tells me he loves me. although i don't know if i should.

+

after my shower i get dressed and head out to the family room where i see jack & danny sitting on the couch.

they are bonding over some stupid video game that i have no idea about. but it's nice to see them talking and being nice to each other.

"my turn." jack says as he notices me standing there. he gets up and walks over, giving me a kiss before heading into the bathroom.

danny's face gets more serious when he sees that jack is out of his line of vision.

"i need to talk to you."

"okay? what about?" i ask as i walk over, taking a seat next to him.

"well, as i was sitting here having a conversation with jack, his phone started blowing up." he starts, "and i saw that it was madison."

i frown a little, not knowing that this is where he was headed.

"luns, it seemed pretty serious." he states cautiously.

i knew that this is what i was signing up for. i can't back out now & tell jack to leave when i'm clearly in love with him.

and he loves me too. i just know it.

(vote, comment, share)

welllllllllll, hasn't it been a hot minute? i hope it hasn't been too long & you guys haven't forgotten about me.

but i still love you guys, holla for a new chapter finally.

also sorry if you read this chapter before i changed the last part, i forgot that danny already knew about madison.