nine

lunas pov

i sit awkwardly at my kitchen counter as jack packs away all of his things in his room. im not sure how i truly feel about jack leaving. we haven't spoken a word to each other since madison randomly showed up at my apartment.

when i woke up this morning he was already here. i only knew he was leaving when i walked by his room and saw all of the duffel bags filled with clothes on his bed.

i don't look over as he comes out of his room. i hear all of the bags shuffling around in his arms as he walks over to the counter. i see out of the corner of my eye as he takes a key out of his pocket and places it on top.

oh. a key to my apartment.

i guess this is the exact moment it really hit me. jack is going back to la. he's going to be with madison. she's pregnant. i won't see him anymore.

i see as he stops for a moment, in front of the door. silently hoping i would say something, maybe ask him to stay. but thats not going to happen. i have to stay strong and hold my ground. jack gilinsky isn't going to be the reason i give in again.

i hear the door open, and him walk out. i let out the hugest sigh ever as i see he is gone. ive been holding my breath the entire time he was standing in the kitchen. i knew i would break down or cry if i didn't.

i grab my phone as get up from my seat. i walk over to the couch and try to rid all of my thoughts that involve jack. i turn on the tv, putting something random on.

hearing the words, 'she's pregnant', come out of his mouth actually broke my heart. i didn't think it was physically possible for words to hurt me that much. my mom always told me that if you don't give all of yourself to someone, then theres no way they would be able to break all of you. but i think i did, i gave all of myself to jack. and he broke me, all of me.

but theres no point in dwelling on this situation. its over. done. past tense. i need to find someone who can give me all of them too. jack only gave me half.

considering i can't find anything that will take my mind off jack, i decide a nap is exactly what i need.

later that day

i wake up to an abrupt knock on my front door. i grab my phone to check the time to see its about 10pm. wow, i really slept long.

the knocking keeps happening as i get up out of my bed. im only in shorts and a little tank top, but im almost certain its just family or danny; maybe even jack.

no, don't think of jack.

i open the door to see a man that ive never seen before in my life. he's tall, bald, probably mid 40s. he's super buff and super scary.

"is jack here?" he questions me, jumping right to the point.

my eyebrows knit together as i look at him, "no." i slowly answer, wondering why he wants to know and why he's looking for him. "he went back to la."

im not sure why im telling him this information, but im sure he needs it. its probably family or someone his mom sent from their business.

he nods his head, and without another word he's walking down the apartment complex halls. i gather my lips in between my teeth, not knowing what to do now. but i begin with shutting the door and walking into the kitchen.

[vote, comment, share]

heres a little update for you guys ..... who do you think the mystery man is?