"you call boats she."

Bill opened his notebook with yellow-tan construction paper inside. He tore a piece off and began folding it into a boat for his younger brother, Georgie. He grabbed a marker and wrote "SS Georgie" on it. Georgie looked out the window as he stared at the falling rain.

"You sure I won't get in trouble, Bill?" he asked.

"Don't be a w-wuss. I'd come with you if I weren't dying." Bill coughed as he spoke. Georgie sighed. "You're not dying!" He exclaimed. "You didn't see the v-vo-vomit coming out of my nose this morning?" Bill shot back. "That's disgusting," Georgie replied to the gross comment Bill said.

"Okay, go get the wax," Bill said to Georgie. "In the cellar..?" He asked with a scared look. "You want it to f-flo-float, don't you?" Bill asked.

"Fine.." Georgie trailed off and went downstairs into the cellar as he grabbed a walkie-talkie.

—————

"Hurry up." Bill's voice was heard on the walkie-talkie. He sat it down and waited for Georgie to come back. The two brothers were sitting on the chair to Bill's desk together, Georgie's hand over Bill's shoulder. Bill sealed the paper boat with the wax Georgie retrieved from the cellar.

"Alright," Bill said turning over to Georgie to hand him the boat. "There you go. S-S-She's all ready, Captain." Bill said.

"She?" Georgie asked.

"She, Georgie," Bill said. "You call boats "she." He smiled.

"She." Georgie gave a small smile. "Thanks, Billy." Georgie said as he hugged his big brother. "See ya later!" Georgie exclaimed and ran out of Bill's room to put on his yellow rain jacket and rain boots. It was pouring pretty hard. Bill got up and looked out the window. Georgie was already outside with his boat. He waved to Bill as he waved back to his younger brother. "Be careful."

Georgie placed his boat down on a stream of water flowing down the street and then roamed the streets of Derry. He chased after the boat, laughing. He was splashing in the puddles as he ran. He was so focused on his boat that he ran into a Derry Public Works sign. He fell flat on his back. He looked at the boat, still floating away. He rubbed the back of his head. The boat was many feet ahead of him, and faster too. His boat slipped into a crack.

"No!" Georgie screamed.

It was too late. His boat fell into the sewer. "No..Bill's gonna kill me!" Georgie exclaimed again. He was trying his best to look for the missing boat in the dark sewer. He almost gave up until a pair of flashing yellow-orange eyes stared him in the face.

"Agh!" Georgie yelled. He jumped back in shock and fear.

"Hiya, Georgie." A clown came closer with his boat in his hand. "What a nice boat.." The clown said with a smirk. "Do you want it back? He asked.

"Um...Yes please." Georgie gulped. "You look like a nice boy." The clown said. "I bet you have a lot of friends." He assumed. "Three, but my brother's my best-best," Georgie said, still with a little fear in his voice. "Where is he?" The clown asked.

"In bed..sick," Georgie said in a sarcastic tone. "I bet I could cheer 'em up. I'd give him a balloon." He said. "Do you want a balloon too, Georgie?" The Clown asked. Georgie shook his head no, and replied: "I'm not supposed to take stuff from strangers.."

"Oh, well I'm Pennywise the dancing clown!" Pennywise introduced himself, putting more emphasis on the "dancing." "Pennywise, yes, Meet Georgie. Georgie, meet Pennywise." The clown said once more. Georgie laughed a little bit.

"Now we aren't strangers, are we?" Pennywise asked while drooling over his bottom lip. Georgie gave him a concerned look.

"Why are you in the sewer?" He asked.

"The storm blew me away! It blew the whole circus away." Pennywise said while laughing. "Can you smell the circus, Georgie?" He asked. "There are peanuts, cotton candy, hot dogs, and....?" Pennywise said while waiting for Georgie to finish his sentence.

"Popcorn?" Georgie asked. "Popcorn, yes! Popcorn. Is that your favorite, Georgie?" He asked.

"Uh-huh!" Georgie proudly said with a giggle. "Mine too!" Pennywise exclaimed. "It's because they pop!" He said. He mimicked the popping noise a little and then Georgie did the same.He was laughing with Georgie. His laugh came to a very sinister one and his face went blank. Georgie made a scared face.

"Um, I should get going now," Georgie said. "Oh, without your boat?" You don't want to lose this, Georgie. Like you said, Bill's going to kill you." Pennywise said with fake sadness in his voice.

"Here..take it." Pennywise requested. Georgie shot him a grimace face.

"Take it, Georgie," Pennywise said rocking the boat back in forth in his hand, coaxing him to retrieve the paper boat. Georgie hesitated and tried to grab the boat as Pennywise pulled it back. He tried once more, but Pennywise grabbed his arm fiercely and bit it clean off. Georgie's cries for help didn't work. He was alone. Nobody was there to help the young boy. Pennywise dragged him into the sewer with him as Georgie spoke his last words.

"Billy!"