Prologue

Prologue

卌 February 卌

The speeding air flew at my face pushing my long brown hair behind me instead of the usual way it cascades down my shoulders and back. My eyes shifted to the source, the open window then back in front of me being too petrified to take them away from my destination for more than a second. I could feel the brisk winter air flowing through it as we drove by. Little tiny snowflakes found their way in somehow despite our rapid speed. Streams of lights flew by faster and faster by the second creating strings of glowing almost like Christmas lights. I could feel my hands growing numb from the way my fingers dug into the leather interior clinging on for dear life. My head was plastered against the headrest. Maybe from how fast he was driving. Maybe from my own free will.

I laugh at the words free will right now. It was my free will based on the situation I happened to be in right now but free will didn't describe how much I would rather be anywhere else than here.

My eyes flicked over to him quickly, making sure he was still there. I mean, where else would he be, I guess. He was driving the car that controlled my life.

"Must you wear those fucking sunglasses? It's the middle of the night. Can you even see??" I tried to scream but it came out rather shakey and nervous.

He looked over at me giving me a sly smirk. "Don't worry Annie. I promise I am not going to let anything happen to you." His smile disappeared as if he was remembering what was happening at the moment. His leg jerked obviously pushing harder on the petal as the car jolted forward.

My heart fluttered still at the sound of his accent saying my name. My eyes searched his face looking for the confirmation I needed to know this was the right thing to do. I found it in his blue eyes as the black Ray Bans slid down onto the tip of his nose as they looked back into mine. Seconds. Minutes. Hours seemed to pass before Luke's eyes tore away from mine trying to take control of the wheel that seemed to be ripped from his large hands. My heart stopped as the car spun out of control and my head was tossed forward onto the black dashboard...

and then...Nothing.

=========================================

hi guys!

If you're actually reading this...THANK YOU! You have no idea how much it means to me! Also this is my first time writing so be kind. I have a lot of ideas but the first few chapters aren't going to be the most interesting so just bare with me. Ill be posting the next chapter soon so be patient(:

Love you guys!

Megan