Chasing the Stars

"What? How? Why didn't I know about this?"

...

Hi, my name is Hazel Grace, and this is the story after my story.

I was sobbing, I admit, I was crying like the world was ending, and in a way, it was. I lost my Augustus, and life hasn't been the same. The weeks are blurring together and I don't understand why. Why Augustus? Why Isaac? Why me? Why anyone? The cancer hasn't spread much lately, but sometimes I wish it would. I want the world to take me back, back to my Gus.

I saw Isaac today, and he told me Gus would want me to enjoy my life, with or without him; I'm just not sure I can do that yet. Mom finished her classes and is now looking for a job. She will make a great Patrick. If there is one thing I am sure of, it's that.

...

Tomorrow it will have been a year since I said goodbye to Gus, in the literal heart of Jesus. Isaac and I decided we're going to have our own little anniversary for him, in the literal heart of Jesus tomorrow. So I decided to hit the sack early so I could be well rested.

*In the literal heart of Jesus* Isaac and I spent about an hour both crying and laughing about all the times we spent with Augustus. We both are having trouble saying bye to our best friend. That moment is the moment my life changed for the better... I saw a paper, just a scrap, in the bookshelf in the corner. When I pulled out that paper, I was in awe... What? How? Why didn't I know about this?

End Chapter 1