Blue-Footed Booby Mischief

Stop...Stop...Stop pecking my head! What is happening right now? Knock it off! What is this thing's problem?

"Mom, you can stop brushing my hair now." I complained as she brushed the last few strands of my hair. "Seriously, we should be landing any minute, and I want to get to the Hotel Infinite Blue quickly so we can go see the animals."

"Goodness, Hazel, I was only trying to help" Mom answered.

During the very brief car ride to the hotel, we experienced what life was like here on the beautiful Galapagos Islands. However, we did not experience Isaac almost peeing himself again (much to my disappointment because it was truly hilarious). The Infinite Blue was a truly spectacular hotel with a beautiful view of the harbor and the marine reserve.

I adamantly refused to even unpack before we headed out to see the animals. The first and possibly cutest animal we saw, was the fur seal. It was so cute when he turned his fat body to look at me with it's big brown eyes. We saw numerous other creatures like penguins, egrets, tortoises, and finches.

"Stop...Stop...Stop pecking my head! What is happening right now? Knock it off! What is this thing's problem?" I heard Isaac complain-yell.

"It's a blue-footed booby, Isaac, not a thing, an animal." His mother corrected.

Poor Isaac was being pecked on the head by the rare bird. I truly couldn't resist the urge to burst out laughing. In that moment, I realized this is exactly what Gus wanted to happen, he wanted me to enjoy whatever time I had left before joining him in Capital S Somewhere.

Upon returning to the hotel, I headed to the sea-side Jacuzzi to read An Imperial Affliction. Isaac ended up coming with me and I read to him. Once we finished the book, Isaac threw a small temper tantrum because of the ending, and then we discussed it, much like Gus and I used to. However, Isaac was far less detailed in his descriptions than Augustus.

I recieved the letter left for me by my one true love. It was delivered by a red-footed booby. (and the red-footed booby's handler, because it was an orphan) Once I read the letter, I headed off to bed, wearing my giraffe footy pajamas.

We headed to the Charles Darwin Research Center after enjoying a breakfast of champions. (Cereal) I saw lonesome George, before he passed on, much like I one day would. Gus left the next piece of the story for me with the employees of the Center. I enjoyed learning about all the different species of animals on the Island, while Isaac just sort of giggled throughout the whole presentation.

After a long, exhausting day, I settled into my soft, warm bed and began to read:

It's three months until my wedding, and I cannot wait to marry the Dutch Tulip Man. He is the most kind-hearted man I know. Everday for the past month, he has brought me a present, whether it be flowers or chocolates or a bracelet. We contacted Christine who gladly agreed to Sisyphus being the ring-bearer, and she even agreed to be the Sisyphus-bearer, seeing as he cannot walk down the aisle by himself. Everything is coming together nicely.

The flowers for the wedding, we decided, would be white, orange, and red tulips. My dress was being custom made: it was strapless and white slowly changing to blue. The bridesmaid dresses were simple asymmetrical black dresses with ruffles cascading down one shoulder and a blue flower in each girl's hair. The maid of honor will wear a blue satin and organza dress that highlights a front slit, sweep train, and black flower trim. The cake tasting is approaching next week, as well as the rest of the planning, like food and decorations.

Tonight, the Dutch Tulip Man and I visited a wonderful restaurant by the name of Oranjee, by way of private jet. We tasted the stars, in the form of champaigne, and we had the most delicious meal. I am so lucky to have my wonderful Tulip Man.

I have been talking to Anna about the wedding, and I think she is happy... I hope she is happy with all the choices that have been made. I tried to incorporate her spirit.