51: SCUBA

I headed down to the training room where my team was already gathered before the sun even rose. We were starting our special training and preparation for our mission, and we only had 2 weeks to get ready for this major assignment. 

As I walked through the halls to the classified offices, I noticed a few agents with red ribbons on their wrists or around their neck. Seems like Ollie already got the word out to some of her trusted colleagues. When I made eye contact with them and they noticed the ribbon in my hair, their eyes lit up with excitement, as if they were thinking, Ollie was right.

Little do they know I was the one who was bounding with excitement.

The training room, located in the depths of the classified area, was already milling with my fellow team A members.

Julianna hugged me from the side and gently pulled at my ribbon.

"Is this a trend or something?" She asked, "I've seen in a couple times today."

"It's a symbol," I explained, "if you know you know."

Julianna chuckled and nodded her head towards the main table of the room. "Come on, we're already planning."

Niko had the blueprint already laid out, and we only had a single sheet of an encrypted message to guide us on our mission. We were not going to receive any more information from the general or other Shadow Legion members, just like how it was for a mission led out by agents who have graduated training.

Sandy came back from his computer, having decoded the message. He handed the message to Niko, who was almost shaking with excitement.

"Welcome Team A to your first mission with all six of you, including the future leader of the Legion." Niko winked at me.

"No way that says that." I snorted.

"Nope." Niko wagged the paper at me, and my eyes widened.

"We mustn't forget we're among the presence of a princess." Trevor added, winning a gentle punch from me to his arm.

"Go on." Julianna said impatiently, to which Niko cleared his throat.

"You will be sent on a surveillance mission to the island of Ni'ihau, where there is an army base set up, allied with the Robinson family. 

Focus on the word surveillance.

The main mission is to record the dimensions, military, artillery, security, and overall strength of the base. As the army inhabiting the island is neither an ally or an enemy, take care to not be seen, and leave the island without a trace.

As per usual, keep an eye out for enemies, and follow through with procedure if enemies are spotted.

Signed, 

General Vaughn"

Trevor cracked his knuckles. "Alright, the Forbidden Island."

At my quizzical look, Lei piped in. "Ni'ihau was sold to an independent family in the 1800's by King Kamehameha with the promise that the Sinclairs will preserve native Hawaiian culture, and rarely any outsiders enter the island. The only people who live there are the natives of Ni'ihau, the Robinsons, the descendants of the Sinclairs, and some of their visitors."

"But there's an army base there."

"I guess so. I suppose the Robinsons were more corrupted than the native culture-preserving people they projected out to seem."

"So if we aren't allowed to enter the island, how are we going to enter the island?"

"That's where we get cracking." Julianna said, who looked like she was about to burst from apprehension.