04: Romance, By Rebecca

It was a weekend and I woke up late so I was in a sort of sleepy-but-awake-lazy-I'm-hungry-but-I-don't-want-to-get-out-of-bed mood, and I was laying in bed staring at my plain white ceiling. I heard a knock and Melissa walked in to my room, holding a stack of magazines.

"These are your monthly magazines, miss." She said, and quietly walked out. I breathed out and grabbed the magazines.

My mom insisted on me ordering a lot of magazines, because in the elite world fashion was important because the first impression was important or something or other. I casually flicked through the magazines, just absorbing the pictures and not reading the text. That was when I spotted a familiar-looking girl in the pictures.

A girl with a stunning face smiled mischeviously as she lay in a bed and the only thing covering her body was a red silk-looking blanket. Her blonde hair sprawled all around her face, and her legs crossed in the perfect way so that it looked like she was flexible but not crooked. Her arms were bent out to her sides and she looked very comfortable.

It was Rebecca Amador smiling at me through the picture.

Next to the picture of Rebecca was a picture of a black bottle with a thin, striking red line that swirled through the foggy black. Over the bottle, in a red, ribbony font, it said Romance, by Rebecca. And under the bottle, in black, bold cursive it said: Lucious. Sexy. Enticing.

So now Rebecca Amador had her own perfume line. Was there anything she wasn't so perfect in?

I walked out of my room, feeling irritated. Then, at the exact same moment, the real Rebecca Amador stepped out of Auden's room across the hall. She was wearing almost as little as in the picture, and she had a light pink lingerie on. She was practically wearing her underwear, and the lace, see-through fabric of the mini-skirt lingerie was over it. Rebecca gave me a moment's notice and didn't seem to care at all as she walked into Auden's bathroom. My eyes bulged out and I ran back in my room, my heart racing.

It was morning, and Auden was with Rebecca the night before, and she was wearing, well, that, so that would mean-

I had to stop my train of thought because I had the urge to scream.

What the hell?

It was ridiculous for me to panic over a thing like this. I knew they were a couple, and I had an idea that they would do things like this, but being so close to it freaked me out.

Don't get me wrong, my sex ed classes in sixth grade were fine. Nurses and doctors came to our school and explained-very scientifically-of what it was all about and stuff. But still, somehow it was a very scary thing for me.

And I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that as I was asleep, just across the hall my own brother did it with his absolutely stunning girlfriend.

Yes, I'm so awkward, I know.

I covered my face in my blankets, and tried to calm my strumming heart as I took deep breaths.

Two years later, am I going to turn out like that? I couldn't imagine.

A few minutes later, when I had composed myself, I changed and went downstairs to eat breakfast. I sat down on the dining table, but Auden was talking to Rebecca at the other side of the table, and Alec was nowhere to be seen. And as was usual, my parents hadn't showed up for breakfast either. My dad probably had a morning meeting, but who knew where my mom was.

So I didn't have anyone to talk to, so as I waited for my food I let my mind wander around. I looked around my house, something I hadn't done in a long time. My house was literally a mansion. Just the kitchen and dining room itself was the size of a small American house. My floors were marble and the walls were all white; simple, as my dad liked it.