The Recovery

When I regain conciseness, I can feel the flame of my skin shuddering off of my back. I realise that someone is holding onto my hand, so I give it a light squeeze. I now know who is holding my hand with such love and affection. Damon.

I look back to see that my back is patched up. I slowly undo the thick wrapping to see the long rows of markings. They go in different directions. From right to left, up and down, and some even going around my side. I silently let out a choked sob.

As if knowing that I am in pain, Damon wakes up. The lines have long since healed because now they are just bumps.

When did Alexander slice me multiple times? It must have been when I was screaming. I bet he tried to finish me off then.

While I am lost in thought Damon comes closer to me. I instantly take the blanket and try to cover my front and backside. Damon then takes the cover away from my back and kisses my now obvious scars.

" We have to come up with our battle strategy."

I say this to Damon but all I get in reply is a simple 'mmhm'. Him saying this causes a vibration to run through my back. It tingles and makes me want to laugh.

" How long have I been out?"

I ask this question, causing his actions to stop. He pulls away and gives me a sad look.

"You've been out for five days. The doctor put on special ointment in order for you to heal faster than normal. But it wasn't able to heal all the scars, that's why you still have these bumps."

As he ends, he runs his fingers over the bumps along my back. I shudder at his small but powerful gesture.

A week later
My army and I are now walking passed the injured people. I have broken some of their arms, but they are surely alive. Out of the corner of my eye, I see someone come out of trees.

Suddenly a women approaches a Damon, who was putting men and women in handcuffs, who doesn't notice her approaching. Before I can reach her, I see her twist Damon around and plant her lips in his. They get involved in an intimate make out session.

Without thinking I turn away and head for the forestry, not knowing what awaited me. But welcoming the feeling of numbness.