Awaken

My hands start to shake, and I feel a wave of heat over come me. The ice is still in the air, but it is frozen in mid drift. I pick up my dress and move around towards the icicles. Suddenly I am pushed back by something. As I turn, I am met by the original Rosemarie.

" Why are you doing this to my people? Have I not done what you asked? Have I not talked and loved you?"

I look at her with aggression. The icicles drop onto the ground leaving shimmery specks of glass-like wonder.

" My dear Rose. There is only so much room for love in your little heart. You plan to overpopulate your heart. Just like these... Vermins have done to my Earth! I will not have them kill you like they have done to my baby. Our baby. We are one Rose. Don't forget that."

Rose stalks towards me with a look of power etched into her features and walk. She grabs my face and makes me turn towards her. She is warm like the sun and it burns me. She looks into my eyes with a menacing look. I can hear and smell my skin searing.

" Yes, we are one. But this is my body and I can have you locked away in my little heart. You need to let go of this power, Ever. It is killing us both. And I am not afraid to go down. Are you?"

I can feel my knees buckle underneath me. Rose just bends down with me, not ever retreating her gaze from my face. Her voice feels like silk, but it is deadly.

" You will let go now, Ever. Or I will kill you. I'm not afraid of death, but you are. You know you won't be loved by anyone but me. I suggest that you let go now, or we both die."

My tears trickle down my face and turn into ice, soothing and replenishing my burns. I stand up, and she lets go of my face. Rose turns and her heat burns the ice, replacing them with flowers and fresh wet grass. She turns back to me and says the same words once more, before I black out.

" Let go, Ever."

My eyes open, and I see the icicles flying towards the people. I look around me to see what Ever has done. There is snow everywhere, and blood is on my dress. I sigh and turn back to the icicles.

" Enough."

I say. Ever still doesn't have them stop, but they slow done slightly.

" I said.... ENOUGH!"

The ice that is falling burns, along with my skin. I ignore it though and focus on eliminating the rest of the stuff.

She really ruined my baby, didn't she?

Eventually I am left with just the icicles that float in mid air. I can feel the strangers' eyes on me, but the residents should already know what is going on. I look at the ice in the air and touch it. As soon as my skin makes contact with it though, it sizzles my skin. I yank my hand back and look at my fingertips.

She used dry ice. When did she learn how to do that?

I roll my eyes irritated and just grab it. The ice takes a second before it burns into regular water. Satisfied, I look around and my scenery has become damp. I gently sit down on the ground, holding a seed that was on the ground.

" Grow, my beautiful Earth. Claim back what was taken from you, my child."

As soon as I finish the sunlight shines on my kingdom, and the trees gain back there leaves. The flowers bloom, and they show their inner beauty.

I turn back around and look at the strange men that are now kneeling. I walk over to them and they stand, looking at each other with a scared look. I smile at them and nod. I have butterflies and bees surround me.

" I'm sorry that I couldn't approach you at the begining, but Ever is hard to deal with. That is why I had to cover my identity for so long. I am sorry that you weren't welcomed with open arms. Ever has been in control on and off for so long now, but I finally have her in check."

I say all of this cheerfully. Some of it directed towards the strangers and towards my people. Damon comes towards me and embraces me with open arms. I feel him lay his head in the crook of my neck, inhaling my natural smell. I can feel him shudder for an unknown reason. My hands automatically went up to his hair, running my hands through it.

" You scared the living daylights out of me, Roza. She was crazy."

I nod and kiss his lips. He replies eagerly. I check the clock on the castle and see that we needed to return to trial.

" Alright my lovely children. We must return to trial. Please show our guests their rooms. Have a lovely day."

I take Damon's hand and start to walk towards the door to the castle. As I walk my dress changes from the blood soaked one into a monarch butterfly type dress. My crown turns into a regular king gold. I finally feel awake.