Nothing Goes Unseen

I slowly start to fall asleep, exhausted from the days events. Even though I am still angry at Damon I still slept next to him. He is my only way of getting and staying warm, so I have to. He keeps watch tonight so that I can sleep. I sleep close against him while he runs his hands up and down my arms, trying to create friction.

I wake up to find that Damon is still awake but is slowly, but surely, falling asleep. He has bags underneath his eyes and is leaning on the wall for support. I look at him sympathy, but he doesn't meet my gaze. Instead he keeps a steady gaze on the latched door. Without knowing I let myself move in front of him. Finally he shifts his beautiful blue and green eyes to look at me. I let myself soak up his warmth one last time before I speak.

" Damon. You need to get some sleep, Love. If not for me, please do it to protect our unborn child."

He looks at me with his tiresome eyes, questioning me subtly. I slightly tilt my head to the left, towards the only other thing in the room. A camera. He looks at me and slightly nods. He looks at me again, and then smirks like he knows something that I don't.

" Baby. Will you please sleep with me, again?"

I look at him like he is crazy. The only time that we slept in the same area was last night, while we were cuddling. I look away as fast as I can, knowing what he means. He looks at me and then starts laughing like his life depends on it. It kinda does, though. As soon as he's done laughing I will slap that mess of God-like features off of him so fast-

" Oh sweety. I just want to lay down next to the baby."

" And why not me?"

I ask him. He looks as though he has been caught. Slowly I let a smirk come into play on my mouth. He looks away frantically, a blush forming on his lightly stubbled face. I know that I have won this battle, but I still want to see his reaction to what I'm about to say.

" You know... Once we get back to the palace, I want to get married. I mean, we already are about to have a child. Might as well just get married."

When I finish he is blushing madly. But as soon as it appears it is gone, replaced by a smirk.

" Sure, Love. I have the ring already. We also have to set up the nursery, though."

I look at him like he is crazy. When did I tell him I wanted to- Oh. Just now. But how does he already-

I get cut off though because someone opens the door. In comes one of my guards named Nathan. He looks at me and comes over to slap me. He slaps me so hard that blood shoots out of my mouth. Damon jumps up and checks to see if I'm okay. He then checks my abdomen for the 'baby', since I landed on my stomach from the impact of the slap.

Why am I getting beat up so much today? Well yesterday and today. You know what? Who cares. You're talking to yourself, Rose.

I was to busy in my inner stupid turmoil, that I didn't notice Damon punch Nathan. Damon is beating Nathan up to the point of almost death, so I step in. But before I can do anything I am thrown across the wall with Damon. I look over and see Nathan with his hands raised. He clenches his hand that is in my side, the left. I start gasping for air, knowing what he's doing. I can hear Damon's screams, but I don't do anything. Nathan starts screaming things at me that mean absolutely nothing.

" ... I loved you! Did you know that?!"

I muster up the rest of my air and say something that I know will erk him.

" I knew. I just didn't care. I don't love you. And I never will. You are just a pathetic little traitor that is afraid of me!"

He squeezes his hand into a fist, and I start losing consciousness. I try to keep myself awake, but I can't. Damon keeps on screaming my name but I never respond.

I wake up tied to another pole facing Damon in the same position, but with his back towards me. I look around me to see a crowd of people in stands. I breath in heavily before screaming his name at the top of my lungs.

" DAMON!"

I can tell that he lifted his head up because his neck moves upwards. He screams my name out, not knowing where I am or if I am in pain. Before I can tell him that I'm alright, somebody comes out with a whip. The person stalks towards Damon and raises his hand. Before my cry reaches my mouth, the whip comes down with a sickening crackle. As my scream finally comes out the air is filled with the smell of iron. Damon doesn't make a sound though. This angers me.

" Damon!! How could you do this to him?!"

I look around at the many on-lookers. The man raised his hand, inflicting more whip marks on my beloved. Fresh hot tears poured out of my already swollen eyes. A blood curdling scream comes from someone's lips as I see that Damon's back is nothing but flesh with torn skin. It takes me a second before I realize that I was the one who screamed. This apparently brings everyone's attention towards me, including the mysterious man. This seems to draw the man towards me, all the while wiping off flesh from the whip. As if sensing that the man was making his way towards me, Damon tries to draw him back his way. To no avail.

I feel the whip come down on my face and hear Damon's pleads. When the man tries to do it again though, he his forcefully pulled back. My restrains come loose, and as soon as they do I run towards Damon. I can't help but fill someone's eyes on me, but I could care less. He is the only thing that matters right now. His restraints come off as well and I pull his bloody body towards me. A man comes out and everyone bows to him. I look over for a split second but I feel Damon move, drawing my attention instantly back to him. Ashamed that I looked away for even a split second.

" Oh my God. Damon, are you okay?"

I start to sob uncontrollably. My tears mix with the blood that is escaping from my wound making me look crazy. I pull his face up to mine and see his eyes open. I wipe the blood and tears off my face and kiss him. I feel instantly relaxed, and I gather him in my ams. Mindful of his wounds. As he kisses back with all the force he can muster, I am pulled away from him. I let out a yelp and a scream, knowing that we will be separated. The man who stands above me takes off his hood and leans down.

I swear if someone else kisses me right now I will knock them out.

He flicks his wrist and Damon is lifted into the air, and glides towards me. I gasp once I see his back again. It is completely healed with minor battle scars. A few more people come into view and they also wear hoods. They each snap their fingers, and I am back in my castle. The words they told me still remain. Scarred into my brain forever. They spoke without even moving their lips.

" We can take away anything away from you. Including your imaginary baby. Don't forget that we see everything, Rosemarie. Never forget that. We won't ever let the Everlasting fall."