8 Percy

I wasn't expecting her to threaten a huge mortal dude with her dagger, I also wasn't expecting him to actually know us. That's why I love my dear Annabeth because she's full of surprises. She then punched gigantic dude and now we're running for our lives. The guy is fast but we've got enough training under our belts to be able to keep head a good distance. Is this guy a demigod or something?

Nico is still at the apartment but we can't go back, shit I hope he doesn't answer the door.

We are about a half a mile from the ferry docks we will loose him there. The perks of be a water kid. "Annabeth when we get to the docks jump!" I yell to her in greek. She nods and pushes herself along faster.

"We can't let them know who we are!" She shouts back, again in greek. I know what she means. It's not just our names, it's our lives as demigods. Whoever this guy is we can't let him know. We can't let them discover the camps. Gods I hope that's not what he is after.

I grab Annabeth's hand as we run closer nearing the docks. I shove people out of the way, which includes the dock security. It's crowded but between the shouting and shoving we finally make it.

1..

2..

3..

We leap into the water and dive down as far as we possibly can manage. Man that was a work out. I've got to train more often.

I create an air bubble around us so we can take in a few breaths. "Who in Hades was that?!" I ask ask and take in another wheez.

"I'm not sure. I've never seen him before. How does he know all that stuff?"She asks. She has her cute thinking face on and after a second she looks like she's got something. "Maybe he works for the government but that's all I've got. He's definitely mortal. At first I figured he could be a monster be when I got close to him I could tell."

"That sounds really creepy Annabeth," I say. She gives me a look that says I'll kick your ass kelp head, I just laugh. For a second we just sit at the bottom of the ocean staring at eachother. The moment would be far more romantic in Hawaii or Fiji cause New York water isn't very nice looking to be honest. It's murky with dirt and debris. Even the fish here seem dissapointed and depressed with their current situation.

"Percy look!" Annabeth whisper yells at me pointing up towards what we can barely see of the sly up ahead. Search helicopter soar over head with  lights blaring deep into the water.

A string of curses fly out of my mouth as I hug annabeth close to my body and fling us through the water using my power of control over the currents. We're like human torpedos. Fish and plant life blurt as we speed past them.  I'm trying to get us miles along the coast before we go up to land again. Eventually after I decide were about ten miles away from the scene of our dismay I lead us up to land. We make out way up to the streets and I dig my Leo made phone from my pocket. It looks simple like a flip phone. It was a quick fix, he's working on the whole smartphone thing.

I go into my contacts and dial Nico's number. Annabeth paces next to me in worry. It rings. "Come on Nico pick up," I mumble.

A few more rings.

Finally the other end is picked up, "jeez man you have got to learn to pick up your phone," I spit out with a sigh.

"Just who I wanted to talk to, is this Perseus jackson?" A man I don't reconized answers.

"Let me go you fuck holes I'll rip your god damn head off!" I hear in the background. That's my terrifying italian little brother you've got punks!

"I swear to gods if you touch him I'll kill you," I say into the phone.

"We don't want to hurt you or your associates however we will detain him until you and Annabeth Chase turn yourselves in. There will be a car to pick you up in ten minutes," the man says.

Ten minutes. How did they even know where we are? I glance around and Annabeth  who most likely had the same thought, pointed at the white security cameras handing off the side of a large builing.

So I did the most logical thing I could think of. I flip it off.