Chapter 12: Christmas plans

Tord's p.o.v

"Gotta hand it to Matt, pastel does look good on you." I stared into the black voids of Tom's 'eyes'. Did he just compliment me? I feel my feel my face getting red.
"T-Thanks, breakfast?" I immediately mentally face palm for stuttering, but Tom didn't seem to notice, so I didn't bring attention to it.
"Sure. Toast?"
"What do ya want on it?"
"Umm.... chocolate spread." He eventually decided. Laughing at how long it took for him to decide I start walking into the kitchen, in order to make our breakfast. I put the bread in the toaster and reach for the top shelf to get the spread. Easily getting it, I open it to see multiple holes and dents.
"Tom."
"Hum."
"Any reason our chocolate spread has swipes in it."
"What are you on about, commie?"
"Our spread, it looks like someone's eaten it, with a spoon?"
"Oh, umm, ughh, Matt?"
"Matt doesn't do chocolate spread, to messy remember."
"Edd?"
"Doubt it."
"Mice?"
"Really Tom, really."
"Fine, I had a midnight snack a couple of days ago."
"Heh, you ate chocolate spread with a spoon?"
"*sigh* not my proudest moment."
"I'll say."
"Shut it Commie."
"Whatever you say, old friend."

(Time skip to after breakfast, cuz the writers lazy.)

Edd's p.o.v

I was sat crossed legged on the couch, Matt's head rested on my lap, we where watching 'The Children,' again, and I was running my fingers through Matt's soft, ginger hair.
"Edd,"
"Yeah Matt?"
"It's nearly Christmas and we still haven't put up our Christmas tree.
"Huh, I guess you right."
"Can we put it up now?"
"What, the fake one?"
"Yeah, c'mon it'll be fun,"
"Fine." I hesitated before getting up, in all honesty I didn't want to stop what we where doing, Matt's head is warm and comfortable, his hair wasn't spiky, it was soft and felt like a freshly washed jumper. But I couldn't say no to Matt. Not even if I tried.
"Lets go see if Tom and Tord want to help." I muttered while slipping on my converse.
"K."

We walked along to Tom's apartment,  talking about God knows what. We eventually got to our destination. Just as I was about to knock, Matt pushed me out he way and dramatically sung the door open.
"TOM! TORD! GET YOU BUTTS DOWN HERE WE ARE DOING CHRISTMAS!" I started laughing at Matt entrance, actual tears started when I saw Tom and a Tord's reaction.

They where in the kitchen , half eaten toast still on the table, Tord had orange juice dripping down his chin, he obviously has spat it out. Tom was breathing rather heavy and was picking himself up from the floor, his chair had fallen over from the shock of Matt's outburst.
"Ever heard of knocking," the familiar grumble of Tom spoke over my fit.
"Knocking is for commoners."
"Matt, you are a commoner." Tord spoke up. Matt gasped, putting a hand to his chest, the other one flinging out, like an over the top pantomime.
"....anyway..... what's this about Christmas?"
"Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me Tord, Matt wants us all to put up our Christmas tree."
"Count me out."
"C'mon Tom, pleeeaaaasssseeee,"
"No."
"Why?" I spoke up,
"Because incase you forgot, Edd, I don't do Christmas."
"Don't think of is as Christmas, think of it as hanging out with your friends."
"Would it be cheque to say just like ol-"
"Yes. Yes it would."
"Oh Tom, stop being a grinch."
"Oh I'm sorry Matt,"
"It's fine." I love this boy but, seriously, he couldn't tell what sarcasm was if it slapped him in the face.
Sighing I decided to step in before someone probably Matt will get a broken nose. "Tom, Christmas tree, in or out."
"I guess I'll join, but NO holiday songs."
"Deal,"
"Ok, I'll be there with Tord in about an hour."
"See ya then."
"Bya Edd, Matt."

Tom's p.o.v

Why, why, why, why must we do this, all the memories came back, the memories of my dad, of the other kids, of the cuts. Cut. I started walking towards the bathroom,
"Tom, where are you going?" Why do you care, you shouldn't, I don't deserve you or Edd or Matt, none of you."
"Toilet." I mumbled quickly.
"Ok."

Rushing inside, I locked the door and started looking for anything sharp. That's when it caught my eye, an empty Smirnoff bottle Tord had thrown away. Grabbing from the trash, trash. Just like me. I smash it against the sink, praying Tord hadn't heard. I held one of the pieces in my hand, and rolled up my sleeve of the other arm.
One for Edd, the glass burnt against my skin.
One for Matt, I added to the forest of scars.
One for Tord, red began to drip on the floor.
On for mum, Tears mixed with the blood, making the cuts hurt more.
One for dad, I felt faint.
Two for myself, I lowered my hand and looked at my work. Imperfect, ugly scars, now the outside reflects the inside.
"Tom, are you ok? It's been 20 minutes." I heard Tord's voice echo threw the door, layered with worry.
"I'm fine. Just, ya know, brushing teeth, washing hair all that jazz."
"Ok, hurry up."
"Yep," I waited until I heard him leaving, then started to clean up the pathetic mess I made. Sighing I put Tord's bandages on my arm and rolled down my sleeve, sighing I opened the door.
"Tom are you-"
"I'm fine, just bog off Commie!" I spat at him.
"Tom."
"BOG OFF!" I ran into MY bedroom and locked the door. Well done, you messed everything up, he hates you now. He's going to go tell Edd and Matt what an awful person you are, then they'll all hate you.
I sighed, I could still feel the stinging pain under my sleeve. Tears reformed in my eyes. "I'm sorry, everyone, for ruining your lives." I muttered out loud.
"Tom, please let me in,"