Chapter 14: Tongue Tied

A/n
I know I've already put the song above, but I'll make sense, just read.

Tom's p.o.v

I squeezed Tord's hand for comfort. I was terrified, absolutely terrified.
"I'll be ok." Letting out a shaky breath I slowly knocked on the green painted door.
"Coming~" Edd's singsong echoed from inside. He swung the door open, and looked at our interlocking fingers. Gasping Edd looked at us then screamed back into the house.
"MATT YOU OWE ME TEN QUID!"
"Damn, so it's cannon?"
"G-Guy's did you bet on me and Tom." Irritation was obvious in Tord's voice.
"Maybe...."
"Edd, seriously?" I piped in, letting out the breath I wasn't aware I was holding.
"Sorry, but I must fight for my OTP."
"Whatever," I couldn't help but smile, I love these dorks, so damn much.

Edd dragged us in side and began to whine,
"TOOOMMM..."
"Edd?"
"You know how your the best?"
"No."
"Well can you put up the tree, I'm too small and Matt refused to do it."
"Edd, I'm smaller than you." I stated the obvious.
"Oh yeah, Tord?"
"Fine." I watched as Tord struggled to put up the fake greenery. He finally got it done. Just  as he did, Matt ran into the room and accidentally knocked the tree down on top of the Noski. Edd managed to stifle a laugh, I wasn't as lucky, my cheerful eruption filled the room.
"Matt, hva i helvete!"
"Sorry, Tord." The flustered boy ran to go help him.
"It... It's ok," he rubbed the part of his head that the tree had hit. Matt pulled up my lover.
"Haha.. Tord.. Ha.. Are you... aha... ok?"
"Oh gee, thanks for worrying so much about your boyfriend, yes I'm fine." He sarcastically muttered at me. I don't know why but hearing Tord call himself my boyfriend, it sends butterflies into my stomach. He'll never love you. He's lying. Why would somebody like him love a worthless, path- No, I refuse to listen to the thoughts. Tord loves me, all my friends care about me! I made a promise to Tord, a promise I plan to keep.

(Time skip to after decorating the tree)

I've got to admit, it wasn't that bad putting up the tree. I was tiring but we did it eventually. The only bit that was irritating was when Tord, Edd and Matt insisted on singing the same Christmas song, over and over again:
'Jingle bells, jingle bells,
Jingle all the way,
Tom set fire to the tree,
And ruined a Christmas Day, Hey!'
Let me point out I only did that once!
"Tom," Tord snapped me out of my thoughts,
"Yeah?"
"Wanna cuddle?" I nodded my head and sat next to him, he rapped his ok arm around my shoulder and I rested my head on him. He sneezed when my hair tickled under his nose.
"You sound like a kitten,"
"Thanks, I think?"
"No problem," he patted my hair, making it flatten, then started to stroke it. I purred as he rubbed the top of my head.
"Now who the cat?"
"Shut up."
"Ok, kittyboy."
"Wow." I snuggled closer to him and let a yawn escape.
"You can fall asleep if you want."
"Ok," I let myself drift of, still held close to Tord.

Edd's p.o.v

Tonight's the night, the one I tell Matt how I feel. I slowly headed into the kitchen where Matt was fixing his hair, with a fork? I don't even want to know.
"H-Hey Matt..." I felt the butterflies building up.
"Oh, hi Edd." He put the fork down on the counter.
"Uhhhh, Matt c-can I ask you something?"
"Sure, anything."
"W-Well, metaphorically, if a boy was to ask you out, what would you say?"
"Well, it depends on the boy really."
"So, like, what kind of boy would you be into?" He moved closer to me, his hips swaying side to side.
"Well, he would have pretty brown eyes," he moved closer, "not too skinny, not too chubby," another step, "a soft musical voice," he was now inches away from me, "a kind heart," he bent down to my level, "he should be forgiving," he started to pull me closer, "he should be perfect, that's the kind of boy I want." He bent down and kissed me, it was soft and sweet. He tasted like cinnamon latte. Pulling apart, he looked into my eye's and I looked into too his deep blue one's, "you're the kind of boy I want. So, Edd, will you be my perfect boy?"
"Matt... I... YES YES YES!" I jumped up and wrapped my arms around the taller males neck.

We stayed like that, just staring into each other's eyes, Matt slowly starting swaying to a silent tune. I followed his lead as he started humming a song I recognised instantly: Tongue tied. I smiled and hummed along we started dancing around the small kitchen, doing our own type of waltz, we never broke eye contact, it was magical. The song ended and Matt smiled,
"I love you Edward." I've wanted to hear that for so long. I couldn't hold back the tears,
"I love you too, Mathew, so much."