moonlight

Y/N'S POV

Sobbing. Ignoring. Blocking out the world.

That's all I've been doing. Especially since I am rumored to be "mentally unstable" by the townspeople. So, naturally, I shut myself out. But I can process one other thing I noticed about here ever since John died.

It's quiet uptown.

Eliza has also tried to make me better by writing to me. I ignore them. As soon as I get them, they're in my unlit fireplace. I always forget to light it though. However, today is different. I go along with my day, trying to keep up with John's work I need to finish, and looking for clues as to what happened to John; and how did he write that letter? As I'm looking for something, I notice a paper on my desk. Picking it up, I see it's from Eliza. I guess I should finally read it.

Dear Y/N,

I hope this letter finds you in rather good health. Alexander seems to have been heavily impacted by John's death. He sends his regards. Either way, my son, Phillip, has recently turned nine years of age! Working together, we have created a poem, which he presented to Alexander. He would love to meet you, for I've told plenty of you to him. I noticed the rumors starting Uptown. Is everything okay? Please do not hesitate to write back to me for any reason! Bye for now,

E. Hamilton

I smile. Is Eliza is really that kind? I didn't know it was possible for her to be anymore nicer than she already is! But... My smile drops immediately. I can't go.

I have too much work.

But... Maybe I can take a break. I just need to get some air first.

I go to the balcony, to find an amazing view of the night sky. The moon is shining mysteriously, the light blinding. And the stars are also dotting the sky around it.

The sky is lit up.

"The night sky looks amazing, doesn't it, Y/N? I used to go out here everyday."

John.

"John? Is that you?"

I whip around to see if he's there.

He's not.

I feel my eyes start to tear up again. Why is this so frustrating?! Looking back up, I start to-- in a way-- find words dotted around it.

Shining

Mysterious

Beautiful

Bright.

Like John. I sigh. "I need to find him again," I mutter harshly to myself. Storming back inside to go to bed, tears covering my eyesight, I hear a vocie again. Not John's, this time. Just...a voice; I can't describe it. It says something creepily, murderously, possibly. Something that sends chills down my spine in fear.

"Eliza....."