28

I woke up and got dressed into a pair of jeans, a long cardigan and a strap top. I brushed my hair and walked out into the hallway to see Joe on the phone.

I went downstairs for breakfast, dad was sat at the kitchen table eating a bowl of porridge

I went downstairs for breakfast, dad was sat at the kitchen table eating a bowl of porridge. I smiled at him and grabbed a bowl from the press and some yoghurt from the fridge, I cut up some fruit and got a fork from the drawer. I sat down at the table across from dad and dug into my food.

"Did you sleep well?" Dad questioned as he looked up at me.

"Yeah, fine. I think Joe and I will be heading off in the afternoon, but we can do something before that." I replied.

"Yeah we can go for lunch before you two head off, are you going to see Zo?"

"Yeah, we haven't seen her in awhile and we wanted to go see the twins too." I explained as Joe walked through the door.

"Good, Zoe was down with the twins about two weeks ago. They've gotten so big."

"It'll be great to see them." Joe added as he took out some cereal from the press.

After breakfast we watched some of dad's favourite morning programmes, we then decided to go for a walk to nearby park. When we younger, dad used to bring us to the park to feed the ducks so I forced him to bring some bread for the ducks. It was quiet in the park, it had changed a bit since I was last here, there was a bigger play area for kids and they had added a few more benches around the place. When the three of us fed the ducks, it was like old times all over again. We sat on one of the benches overlooking the pond.

"Do you remember the time Joe fell into the pond?" I asked as I pointed to the spot where the incident happened.

"Yes, he nearly gave me a heart attack and I had to jump in and get him." Dad spoke as he remembered the incident.

"In my defence, I didn't know the pond would be that deep and I was only trying to feed the last duck." Joe shot back.

"Yeah while practically trying to jump into the water with it." Dad joked and the three of us laughed.

We exited the park and walked to a nearby cafe to have some lunch before Joe and I left for Brighton, I was going to miss dad, but I knew I'd see him in a few days. So when we got back to dad's house, Joe and I packed our things. My heart hurt a bit at the sight of dad waiting at the bottom of the stairs for us, he had a faint smile on his face.

"Don't worry, I'll see you two in three days." Dad reminded us and I rushed to hug him.

"You're going to look gorgeous, Jess. Just do me one favour?" Dad asked and I looked up at him.

"Yeah dad?"

"Make sure that it's the best day of your life." Dad advised me, I smiled at him and nodded.