23

I sighed as I stared the ceiling, Jack played with my hair absentmindedly. His fingers carefully picked up a strand before twirling it around his finger and dropping it. I turned my head to look up at Jack, he gave me a small smile as his eyes met mine.

"I just want to lay on your chest and listen to your heartbeat." I mumbled against his chest, I felt sick.

Not the kind of sickness where you having a cold, flu or even a bug. I felt the disgusted, scared and worried kind of sick right now. I had been dreading this day for so long and now that it was here, I wanted nothing more than to disappear, but I knew I couldn't do that. I wouldn't do that, I wouldn't let Alex get away so he could harm another senseless girl. That's what I was senseless, I was young back then and he was my first mature and proper boyfriend. Being with Jack, I've learned that there's ways I shouldn't have been treated, he's taught me that I'm worth it and that he's there to support me no matter. He has been the rock of my life ever since I met him, I can't imagine life without him now. It's crazy to think that if I hadn't met Jack, I would be the same boring, scared and senseless girl I was. I'm so grateful that I'm not afraid anymore, well maybe not completely, but I'm getting there. Jack's voice broke through my thoughts and his words were enough to make it all seem realistic.

"It'll all be over in a few hours and you'll never have to see him again." Jack spoke as his arms wrapped around me.

Hearing someone else say it made it so much more real, if I was being honest when I woke up I prayed that I had mixed up the days of the week. I just wanted everything to be okay, I wanted a moment in my life where I didn't have to worry about a psycho ex or falling out with my friends or family over stupid things. I just want to have a normal life, but that's hard when my whole life is on the internet, I don't regret ever starting YouTube and I love all my fans. Sometimes it all gets too overwhelming for me, but there's something about sitting in front of a camera where I can be myself and talk about stuff or even have fun with others just seems to give me hope that not everything is bad.

"I just want everything to be over, I just want to be happy." I said and Jack rubbed my arm gently.

"You are happy, you've got friends and family around you everywhere to support you and when today is all over you're going to realise how happy and loved you are. I'm going to tell you this straight out, I love you so much and I can't imagine my life without you ever again because I don't want to." Jack reminded me and I turned to face him, our chests were touching and tears rolled down my cheeks.

"You always know what to say and I love that about you. I love you too." I breathed and I buried my face in his neck.

I think I was crying so hard that I actually started shaking, Jack patted my back soothingly and reassured that everything would be okay. I lifted my head from his shoulder and looked at him, I caught him by surprise and brushed his lips with my own and added more pressure as he responded. Instead of lying, I was more kneeling with one leg on either side of him, I held his face with my two hands as I kissed him. I think it was one of the most meaningful kisses we had ever shared and not just because today was almost like some sort of judgment day, but because we genuinely loved each other so much. When we pulled apart, I cracked into a smile, I didn't think it would be possible to smile today, I couldn't help it. Jack reached up a tucked my hair behind my ear, he leaned forward and pecked my lips before pulling me into a hug.

"You ready to go kick some ass?" Jack whispered in my ear.

"Kick ass? Hell yeah." I replied, I stood up and wiped my eyes before walking towards the bathroom.

I brushed my hair and put it into a low bun, I did natural makeup and just wore my stud earrings. I walked over to the clothes rack and took a black, long sleeved top, a red jacket, black jeans and brown ankle boots. I grabbed my purse and phone, Jack put on his grey, ripped jeans, a white shirt and a navy blazer. I walked out into the hallway to see Zoe, Alfie, Conor, Josh, Joe, Ella, Caspar, Lexa, Mikey, Oli, Lydia, Alex and George. There were a mixture of smiles from them which ranged from kind to sympathetic. I walked over to Lydia and gave her a hug.