Chapter 17

Bang.

Bang.

Bang.

I was scared to look down, because the only thing my mind can process now is that if I look down, I'll see Niall Horan with blood covering him, I totally ignored the screams from around me and looked at the man who shot Niall, who disappeared into the dark, behind the tree, I never thought that the sound of a bullet can be louder than in TV, I was shivering, with my mouth wide open, and then.....I looked down.

I saw Niall covered in his own blood, and it looks even worse than I imagined it

"Is he alive?!" A senior asked while another checked Niall's pulse, and a third one called the ambulance, plus a few girls who were literally horrified.

For a second I thought that Niall was dead, but then the senior who was checking Niall's pulse yelled that Niall isn't dead.

 I wasn't scared because Niall is the one who is 'half-dead', but because there's a person 'half-dead' in my house, on my house's floor, there was a shooting at my house! there may be someone after me.

Blame horror movies for this, please.

After a few minutes, the ambulance was there, a few people carried Niall to the ambulance, and the ambulance drove away.

I looked away, only to be met by the eyes of Dad.

Dad...

Maybe he knows about this? Maybe he knows that this was going to happen? Maybe that's why he wasn't his self these past few days?

I frowned in confusion, Dad?

"Do you know this guy?" Dad asked with a frown, I remained frozen, and he knew that it means a yes 

"Go take my car, let Dennis drive you too" he said before walking away, possibly asking the guards what have just happened "And watch out, please, Demetria"

-

 I was scared that I'll lose the ambulance, what scared me more is that why was I worried this much?

Because my savior got shot? I really don't know.

Finally, the ambulance came to a stop in front of a hospital, I close my teary eyes, causing a few tears to come out, and roll down my cheeks

Building up some strength, I opened the car's door and got out, slamming it behind me

I followed the doctors, but no luck, they didn't let me enter, so I took a seat down.

Isn't there anyone but Niall that could have been shot? Why Niall? Why him

I would have preferred Louis, or Zayn....even Harry or Liam!

Why Niall? 

Asking myself these weird questions won't change anything, so let me shut up and wait.

I felt tears running down my cheeks, more tears being secreted by my eyes, my hands shivering, but what's more weird is that it's without a reason, or it's because I saw someone covered with blood, and that someone is Niall, I tried to think about something else, but I can't, who can when they are in a hospital, in the same state as me, I am the one who should have been in Niall's place, and he should have been in his bed, not caring about me! yes, he wouldn't have cared of course, who would have cared? Niall? No. Louis? What kind of question is this?! Harry? No. Liam? I don't think so. Selena? I don't think she's my friend anymore.

I felt a tap on my shoulder

"Ed? hi" I was surprised to see him, did he really have to come now?

"Hey, what are you doing here?" he asked, I motioned to the room

"After you and Harry left, after a few, there happened a shooting, and Niall Horan got shot" I said, trying to make myself sound not casual as possible, but it came out like it's the most casually thing in this whole big world,

"Oh, what a coincidence, Harry broke his arm when we left, he punched a dude who was beating up a kid, and because he's always unlucky, the guy was a boxer, and punched Harry, plus, broke his arm" Ed explained

Then, I felt another tap on my shoulder

"Hello there" A familiar voice said, I looked up, to see nobody, but Zayn Malik "Did anyone say you're welcomed here?" 

I didn't reply, so he continued "Hmmm, I guess not, you can go" 

He gestured me with his hand, to the exit, but I remained still, from behind him, I can see Louis.

"Go" Louis said sternly, grabbing my arm and pushing me to the exit, for no reason.

I left with tears in my eyes, and a feeling that I can't get my finger into.

(A/N Hello there *waves* sorry for not updating for too long, but I already said I might take a while (and I might take a while this time too because of writer's block) Okay? Okay. Oh and sorry about the grammatical mistakes, I'll edit this story after I finish writing it (I'm not saying that I don't edit the chapters, but I 'lightly' edit them. Please vote and comment c: oh and Niall wasn't shot three times, Demi echoed the sound in her head)