Chapter 5

Applejack slept soundly for the rest of the night, feeling exceptionally safe and warm as she snuggled herself in her sleeper and suckled her pacifier as she slept.

     Applejack began to stir the next morning. She yawned with a happy smile on her face as her eyes slowly fluttered open. She turned over slowly, but soon found herself plummeting to the floor, landing with a thud on the ground, and her head hitting the leg of the nightstand next to the bed.

     Applejack was used to her bed at home, which was a bit larger than the twin bed in Rainbow Dash's guest room. When Applejack turned over expecting the extra length of her bed at home, she instead found air and gravity.

     Needless to say this ruined her morning wake up, and she groaned in pain. She moved to cover her head with her hand, but she wasn't aware that her hand had gotten caught in the power cable for an alarm clock that rested on the night stand. When she moved her hand to cover her head, it sent the alarm clock crashing down onto her head.

     Applejack yelled out in pain from the second blow to her head, thankfully Rainbow Dash was already awake and was already sprinting into the guest bedroom when she heard the crash from Applejack's first fall.

"Oh my gosh are you ok," Rainbow Dash said embracing the wincing Applejack in a hug.

"I'm fine," Applejack said struggling to hold back tears.

"Alright, let's sit you back up," Rainbow Dash said helping Applejack back up on to the bed, moving Applejack into her lap facing her chest. Applejack instinctively pressed her aching head into Rainbow Dash's chest trying to comfort the pain. Rainbow Dash enveloped Applejack into a hug and began rocking her back and forth, rubbing her back gently.

     Applejack quickly dried up the few tears she had, and was just enjoying being hugged and snuggled by Rainbow Dash.

"I'm sorry sweetie," Rainbow Dash stated sadly. "I should have put some guards on the bed so you wouldn't fall out like that." Applejack didn't answer, but emerged from her shelter snuggled into Rainbow Dash, and looked up at her with a smile. She silently pointed to the ground where her pacifier had fallen and made grabby hands. Rainbow Dash gave a happy sigh and she grabbed the pacifier from the floor. Applejack eagerly followed the pacifier with her mouth open as Rainbow Dash quickly wiped it off and stuck it in Applejack's open mouth. Applejack immediately began happily suckling. She was now facing the same direction as Rainbow Dash, but was still sitting in Rainbow Dash's lap, in such a way the Rainbow Dash's arms and legs enclosed on Applejack, holding her securely and snugly in place. Applejack happily wiggled in the cozy space created for her in Rainbow Dash's lap.

"We've got a whole day ahead of us," Rainbow Dash said as she hugged Applejack. "What do you want to do?"

"I don't know," Applejack mumbled shyly.

"I thought we might go out for a picnic."

"Noooo!" Applejack cried, burying her head back into Rainbow Dash. "People will see me," she said this time muffled by not only her pacifier, but also by Rainbow Dash.