Chapter 19

Rainbow Dash sat with Applejack quietly as Sunset and Twilight cleaned up the mess from the destroyed bowl.

"Do you feel up to talking about what happened there?" Rainbow Dash asked after several silent seconds had passed. Applejack was still in her dress, with mittens and harness. Rainbow Dash had asked if she wanted them off, but Applejack elected to keep them on. A good sign that whatever it was hadn't phased her too badly.

"Yeah," Applejack finally answered.

"Ok, well what happened?" Rainbow Dash asked gingerly.

"I don't know," Applejack started. "The food was too much I guess."

"You just didn't like it? Like it tasted bad. You've had it before." Applejack was silent. "I'm not meaning to grill you about it, I just want to know what I did wrong."

"Well yeah it tastes bad," Applejack said quickly. "Well the vegetable ones taste bad, the fruit ones are ok."

"There's a lot of things I do to you that you don't like. What's different here?" Applejack faltered a little bit. "I'm not mad Applejack, I just want to know so it doesn't happen again."

"It was too much," Applejack said. "It's better when it's not a whole lot. There was too much of it, and I really wanted pizza, and I wanted to eat with everyone else. I wasn't and I was getting really upset," Applejack was beginning to work herself up.

"Calm down sweetie," Rainbow Dash said hugging Applejack. Applejack took a deep breathe. "Ok so, no more baby food?"

"No more baby food," Applejack confirmed.

"And?" Rainbow Dash offered.

"I do want to be made to go away from my friends like that. I wanted to eat and hang out with everyone."

"Ok. I think I can do that. Thank you for telling me what was wrong."

"Your welcome," Applejack said a little more confident.

"Now we have to talk about the bowl you broke," Rainbow Dash said hesitantly.

"I didn't mean to, I just got frustrated."

"I know, but you still broke it."

"Ok, I'll take the punishment for that."

"You sure?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Yeah it's fine. I shouldn't have broken it. I should have just talked to you first," Applejack sad somberly.

"You're being a very good girl," Rainbow Dash cheered lovingly. "Before that though why don't we eat some pizza with everyone else."