Chapter 9

Applejack frustratedly placed her books in her locker at school, and began to make her way back home. Why did she have to confess to Rainbow Dash on a Tuesday, she'd have to get through the whole week before either of them could do anything about it, and it would be hanging over them the whole week. This made for one of the longest weeks Applejack had ever experienced. Thankfully though it was coming to a close. It was Thursday, and that meant they were only one day away from spending time together. And Applejack could guess at what Rainbow Dash would want to do. Rainbow Dash was as excited about as Applejack was for sure.

"AJ!" Applejack heard Rainbow Dash call out.

"I was just thinking about you," Applejack said as Rainbow Dash caught up to her.

"I know me too," Rainbow Dash admitted. They both made their way out of the school so no one would hear their discussion. "I was thinking we could go over to my place and go over rules tonight, so we can get straight to it tomorrow."

"You are eager," Applejack said with a giggle.

"Please, we both are," Rainbow Dash corrected. "You never giggle, and you've been giggling all week whenever I talk to you."

"I have not been giggling," Applejack said defensively.

"Don't be so sensitive about it. You're just a little girl, and little girls are known to giggle." This statement from Rainbow Dash made Applejack giggle again. "See right there giggling," Rainbow Dash said victoriously.

"No fair," Applejack pouted in defeat.

"Seriously though, you ok with that." Applejack was silent. She wasn't particularly eager to have this talk, because of how embarrassing it would be for her. Rainbow Dash insisted though. "AJ?" Rainbow Dash asked concerned by her friend's silence.

"Yeah yeah fine," Applejack said quickly.

"You sure?"

"No," Applejack admitted. "It's just embarrassing to talk about. I mean we're talking about," Applejack struggled to find the word.

"Punishments," Rainbow Dash finished.

"Yeah," Applejack said defeated. "It's easier for you to talk about it because you're not the one that's going to get it." Applejack added frustrated.

"You're right, it is going to be easier for me," Rainbow Dash said sympathetically. "And if it I helps I think you're really brave for talking about it." Rainbow Dash added encouragingly. "I know it's going to be tough for you, but I'm going to be right there with you." Applejack couldn't hide her smile.

"You're really good at this," Applejack said quietly. Rainbow Dash grinned.

"It's what I'm here for remember." Rainbow Dash said like it was no big deal.

     The two finally made it to Rainbow Dash's house. Applejack was visibly nervous, and Rainbow Dash was attempting to be calm for her, but she too was a little nervous. Applejack sat on the couch and began twiddling her thumbs.