V

A/N: Love the picture above. Who else???

Oh and sorry for the late update. I've been so busy with school recently and this chapter took a little longer to write than I would have liked but it's here now! Enjoy!

-*-*-*-*- Jem -*-*-*-*-

"You mustn't feel like you have to go," Jem said for the fourth time that breakfast. "If you don't feel comfortable with it, you must tell me." Will looked up tiredly from his tea.

"I must go," he said. "Regardless if I feel like it or not. It might be the only way to get my memory back." Jem bit his lip but didn't argue with him.

"So you are planning to go to the Silent City today?" Charlotte asked.

"Yes," Jem said. "Perhaps Brother Enoch will be able to help Will more now that he is awake."

"When are you planning to leave?"

"Brother Enoch said he'll meet us right after breakfast," Jem said. "Apparently Will's situation is something of great interest in the Silent City. They want to see him as soon as possible." Will snorted which made Jem grin.

"What's so funny?" he asked.

"You're making it sound like I'm a science experiment," Will said. "Don't get me wrong, in the case of memory loss, I would be the perfect specimen. But I would rather be treated like a Shadowhunter, and from what I read about the Silent Brothers, I doubt they are going to."

Jem blinked. That sounded an awful lot like the Will he knew...but darker. Perhaps there was hope yet, but they'd have to work at it.

"Would you like me to accompany you?" Tessa asked.

"No, it's all right," Jem replied. "Will and I can handle this. Besides, if all goes according to plan, we'll be back in an hour." Tessa smiled and nodded, squeezing his hand underneath the table. God, he loved her so much. She was so strong, so strong for the both of them. Jem knew he could trust her with anything.

"Mrs Branwell?" a voice said. Jem looked away from Tessa's gorgeous eyes to listen to Gideon who sat at the end of the table.

"Yes, Mr Lightwood?" Charlotte asked.

"I was wondering if it were possible for me to meet my brother, Gabriel, today?" Gideon said.

"You are surely not planning to go to Lightwood Manor again, are you?" she said. "Your father made it quite clear to you, Gideon, that if you were to go back, it could well end in disaster. I fear for your safety."

"I am not meeting him at the house in Chiswick," Gideon reassured her. "He has agreed to come to Hyde Park."

"Is there a particular reason for this meeting?" Charlotte questioned, raising her eyebrows. Jem knew she still didn't entirely trust Gideon.

"I just thought that, if Mortmain was connected to Will's disappearance and memory loss, then he might have shared it with my father, and perhaps Gabriel knows something that will help us," he said. He then looked down. "And, well, I suppose that I'd like to see him too." Charlotte's face softened.

"Of course," she said. Gideon thanked her and returned to his toast.

"Well, I think we should get going," Jem said, folding his napkin and rising from his seat. "Are you ready, Will?" Will nodded, also standing and following Jem to the door.

"Good luck, you two," Tessa called. Jem smiled and opened the door, gesturing for Will to go into the corridor.

-*-*-*-*- Will -*-*-*-*-