Tryouts

(Y/n) (L/n). That was your name. You were currently standing outside the Music Box, waiting for your best friend, Will Roland. He was the one who dragged you into this mess. You weren't even fit for acting. Although Will was perfect. While you stuttered and trembled, he blew everyone away. And Will was the one who recommended you for the job.

There he was, making such a fool out of himself. Will strutted down the sidewalk, over to you. He struck a pose. "Why hello there, (Y/n)." You burst into a fit of giggles. You couldn't help it, it looked dumb and stupid. You punched his arm. "You're the worst." He winked. "Let's go."

Will pulled you inside, despite your whining. He shoved you inside, and there you were met with a group of eyes waiting. "Hey!" A blonde woman walked up to you. "I'm Rachel." You shook her hand. "(Y/n). Who are you auditioning for?" You asked. She thought for a bit. "They didn't tell us who we were playing. Say it's still under construction." You turned to Will. "And what is this play about? Or is it also unknown?" You asked curiously. He laughed. "It's a musical. And yes, it's unknown. Oh look, it's my friend. You need to meet him!" He grabbed your hand and pulled you over to a man, about the age of 23. You stared at him.

"(Y/n). (Y/n). Earth to (Y/n)." Will waved his hand in front of your face. You blinked. The man looked away, uncomfortable. You turned red. "What?" "You were zoned out, staring at Ben." Will responded. "Ben who?" You looked around, then realized he was the man in front of you. "Oh." You looked down, embarrassed. "Sorry." Will laughed, and the Ben guy joined in. You looked up, smiling. "Nice to meet you." Ben giggled. His laugh was cute. "Oh!" You realized you didn't introduce yourself. "I'm (Y/n)." Ben laughed. "I know."

After the awkward introductions, it was time to read the script. The director assigned characters. You were Zoe Murphy. The sister of Connor Murphy, who would be played by a guy named Mike Faist today. Will was Jared. Rachel was Heidi Hansen. Ben was Evan Hansen, and so on.

Halfway through the audition, you found yourself hand in hand with Evan. Your mind was blank. You craned your neck to see the script right next to you. "Uh, it's like I don't know anything." Ben continued to sing. "And how do you say, 'I love you'?" You started to blush, but shook it away. He was Evan, singing to Zoe. "I love you... I love you...." You couldn't help but smile. He was an amazing actor. "But we're a million worlds apart... I don't know where I would even start. If I could tell her..." You glanced at the script, and your eyes widened. Ben leaned up to kiss you, and it was over before you knew it.

After saying your lines, you quickly scrambled off the bed and speed walked over to Will. You squeezed his hand, flustered and embarrassed. He smirked. You shot a look at him.