Are You Following Me?

You and Will were walking home. It was awkwardly silent. All you could hear was the barely audible pit pat of the rain hitting the sidewalk, and your (f/c) boots softly trudging through the puddles. You looked over at Will, who was busy contemplating life. You smiled. You were glad he was your best friend, so full of laughter, but also very kind and caring. You looked up into the night sky. So peaceful. You thought, a smile spreading across your face. You closed your eyes and took in the familiar scent of New York.

Cologne.

You smashed into someone's chest.

"Ow!" You jolted back, holding your nose. Will's cheery laugh filled the empty air. Your face flushed, embarrassed.

Ben Platt, Evan Hansen.

He was still in costume, maybe even still in act. He made the sort of face Evan made when he had screwed up, sincere and begging for forgiveness. "Oh." You tried playing it cool, but failed miserably. "What are- *laugh* *chuckle* you... doing? *guffaw* here?" Jared said in between breaths. You raised an eyebrow. "Yeah... Ben. What are you doing here? Following us?" Ben looked confused. "Uh... no?" He pointed up. A sign said "Arena Stage." You turned to Will, embarrassed to look at Ben. You mentally face-palmed.

Jesus Christ.

You immediately started apologizing, making Will laugh harder. After 5 minutes of apologizing, and Ben forgiving, you both turned to watch Will, who was rolling around on the road, laughing hysterically.

Geez.

"A car wouldn't hesitate to run over him." Ben chuckled.

Suddenly, you started laughing. You couldn't stop. Then, Ben joined in, and all three of you were making a huge laughing mess on Broadway Street.

Your new home.