One

"Savior," Rumple nodded, "Hook, fairies - what a pleasure it is that you've joined us."

"Thank you for the welcome," the Blue Fairy spoke up. "I'm afraid we came just shortly before all of the children fell asleep."

"No matter," replied Rumplestiltskin, "I'll let you know what actually happened then we can help each other to revive these babes."

"Do you remember when the evil half of Regina - that is, the Evil Queen - put a sleeping curse on both Snow White and Prince Charming?"

"Yes," Emma said curiously "one would be asleep and the other would be awake. In the end their closest friends shared in the sleeping curse so that they could wake up."

"Exactly," replied Rumple. "When one was woken up by true love's kiss, the other fell asleep."

"I'm sorry - but what do Snow and Charming have to do with this," to Hook it seemed that Rumplestiltskin was just wasting time.

"Not Snow and Charming, but that curse and their shared heart has everything to do with this," Rumple presenter himself calmly, though he was more than slightly agitated with the pirate.

"When the White Fairy first came to us, she referred to this babe not by her name but as a "Sleeping Beauty." True to the title, she was fast asleep when we arrived in her room," at this point Belle walked to Rumple's side with the clearly awake and coo-ing child in her arms.

"When did she wake up?" asked the Blue Fairy.

"She woke up the same time the White Fairy fell asleep. And the other children, including Gideon, fell asleep at the same time as the White Fairy," Rumple calmly replied.

"But - she woke up when I kissed her," Belle looked at her husband, Rumple, intently. "Did my kiss wake her from a sleeping curse? A-and put everyone else to sleep?"

The Blue Fairy went over to Belle and asked to hold the infant then went over to the White Fairy. "So, if I understand correctly, you believe this infant and the White Fairy share a heart. Does that mean the White Fairy than also shares her heart with the other children?"

"It's the only logical explanation as to why the other children fell asleep," Rumple said in a serious yet remorseful tone "they're all under the same sleeping curse."

"So, you're telling me that if this infant is asleep, she's the only one under the curse; yet, if the White Fairy is asleep then all the rest are under the curse?" When Rumplestiltskin nodded then Hook continued, "now this may be an unpopular opinion, but I do think we should wake the Fairy and then figure out a way to save the one child."

Belle looked worriedly at her child, whom the Blue Fairy was holding, but couldn't argue. How could she justify allowing seventy children to be in a sleeping curse if only one had to?

"There's only one problem with that idea," Rumplestiltskin replied "to wake one from a sleeping curse, they must receive true love's kiss. The White Fairy doesn't know anyone of us, much less love us."

"From what I heard earlier, you too are the White Fairy's parents?" When Belle nodded, the Blue Fairy continued, "shouldn't your kiss work, Belle?"

"To be honest, I don't know. She didn't know I am her mother." Belle tried to justify to herself allowing her kiss to awake one child just for another to fall back into a curse. She supposed she had done that already, but it was unintentional. She took a deep breath, "I suppose I have to try."

Belle walked over to the White Fairy, and as the clock striked one she laid a kiss upon her forehead.

Unfortunately, nothing changed.

———————————————————
Hi! It's the author, RumbellaGold.

If you like what I've written, please leave a nice comment and give a vote! Please feel free to ask questions and make suggestions for future chapters.

Read on, friends!

In the next chapter the mystery of Jane is revealed.