Jane

"It's better you tell her, Gideon. I'm going to check on everyone and see if anyone has ideas on how to improve our current situation." After saying this, Roderick went back into the crowd. I looked at Gideon.

"So, how about we start with who then go to how?" Gideon took my hand and led us back into the small room inside of Mr. Gold's - our father's - shop. "How much do you remember from the night I left the Dark Realm?"

That memory took only one second to recollect, "we were talking when I went to save a child - a girl - who had been hurt by the Black Fairy."

"Anything else?"

I thought but the next thing I remembered was waking up the next day and being told Gideon had left. "No, but that's because I was poisoned by the Black Fairy that night - with the "kiss of death" spell that I need our parents to undo with their love."

"Actually, much more happened that you should have been able to remember, but I had to take those memories," Gideon led me to the small bed in the room. "How about you take a seat? What I'm going to say next will be shocking."

I couldn't muster up any words so I simply sat down.

"I had to make you forget that night; otherwise, you wouldn't have been able to open the portal. Do you remember the girl who took care of you when you came to the Dark Realm?" I nodded knowing he was referring to the girl that helped me to hatch from the magic dragon's egg.

"That was Jane - our sister." He paused for a moment, "she was also the girl you saved that night."

"What do you mean?" I gasped. "How is Jane our sister?"

"Awhile ago our father made a deal with a man called the author. Father wanted his story re-written so he could be happy and be with our mother, which he wasn't at the time. The author wanted to be famous and wealthy. In order to do this, they made a magical book called Heroes and Villains."

"In this book Papa was called the Light One. He and our mother were happier than they had ever been, and in this land they bore a child from their true love."

"They named her Jane. Mother liked to wrap her in blue blankets because they complimented her eyes - at times she was mistaken for a boy but mother didn't mind."

"Yet, one day our father and mother were taken from the Heroes and Villains realm and had to return to this place - Storybrooke. But, because Jane wasn't from this realm she didn't return with them. The magic that brought our parents back to Storybrooke only brought those who had originally lived in Storybrooke, and she was born in the Heroes and Villains realm - not Storybrooke."

"Our parents thought Jane didn't return with them because she was a happy dream - not a real child. They never guessed that she was alive in another realm."

"Only a few hours after Jane was left alone, the Black Fairy found her and brought her to the Dark Realm. There she lived hundreds of years until you arrived, but, since she was born out of the true love from the Light One and the Beauty, she had a burning hope within her that she and all the other children would be reunited with their families."

"When you arrived, the Black Fairy entrusted Jane to care of you. And she did that along with so much more. She nurtured both your body and your hope. You two became very close to one-another and when you began to show signs of magical abilities, Jane stole some books from the Black Fairy so that you could learn."

"Jane had no magic but she helped you to the best of her ability. She was constantly motivating you and giving you courage."

"You spent hundreds of years with her and became stronger and more skilled with your magic every year. Together you started saving the children and began the rebellion."