Mission Happy Fairy

After dinner we had all gone home and rested. The bedroom my Papa made for me was beautiful. It was a large white and gold room with a purple bed spread and blue curtains.

The bed I laid in was so soft I felt as if I was gently and slowly falling into fluffy clouds

The bed I laid in was so soft I felt as if I was gently and slowly falling into fluffy clouds. I could have laid there forever; according to Rumplestiltskin and Belle, I slept for three days.

When I awoke my parents were enjoying some tea in the living room.

"Hello, mum and pop."

They smiled. "Well, there's our dear and radiant Rumby." Rumplestiltskin's smile was bright and warm, "pancakes?"

I nodded and took the pancakes he had magicked into his hand.

"Thank you, papa. They're delicious."

"We're glad you're awake, Bella." Belle smiled. "I'll be taking care of Gideon and Jane today, and your father has work to do. If you're up to it, we thought you'd like to go on a tour of the town with Henry - he's your nephew."

...

"My nephew?" She must have misspoken.

"Yes, dearie" Rumple gave a half smile. "I had a wife before I met Belle and I had a child with her. His name was Baelfire."

"Baelfire!?" I repeated, a bit too loud. "I'm sorry - um - when I visited a realm called Neverland I met a boy named Baelfire. Poor thing wanted to find his Papa. I was trying to assist him by helping him chart the stars and make an escape plan, but I couldn't stay long. I had just come to retrieve some items from that land and really my magic wasn't developed enough to stay longer than an hour... Once I found him, I visited him as often as possible but I never was able to get him home. Right when I had enough magic to take him back to his Papa, a pirate took him."

I took a deep breath and shook off the pain from that memory. "I'm sorry - I didn't mean to ramble." I gave a weak smile, "I would love to take a tour of the town with Henry."

Then it hit me - I have a brother. An adult brother. "I can't wait to meet my brother Baelfire, too!" I smiled but then  registered that wasn't the right thing to say.

Papa had fallen back in his chair and his hands were over his face, and mum looked worried between the both of us.

"How about you sit for a second, Sweetie?" Belle tried to give a comforting smile but her over-the-top sweetness revealed I wouldn't want to hear what was about to come next.

I sat nervously.

That's when Belle told me that my brother had died and was a hero, that he must have been the boy I knew in Neverland and that my brother and my Papa did eventually find each other and loved one another.

I wanted to ask more questions or perhaps hide in my room for a month and process all of this, but no longer had Belle finished telling me about Bae then the doorbell rang.

The three of us attempted to collect ourselves as fast as possible. Belle went and got the door.

"Good to see you Henry," She smiled.

"Good to see you too, Grammy." Henry joked. When Belle gave him a look he said "I know, I know - I meant to say 'nice to see you too, Belle.'"

They both laughed and came into the living room. Papa got up and greeted Henry, placing a hand on his shoulder he asked "how are you doing, Henry?"

"I'm well, thanks." He beamed. "Can't wait to meet my Aunt!"

"Hello, Henry," I smiled.

"Hello, Auntie Fairy," he joked.

I laughed, "my name is Rumbella, but you can call me Rumby or Bella."

"I like Rumby because it goes well with Auntie," it seems this one's always joking. I didn't mind. Aunty Rumby is now part of who I am here.

"It does have a nice ring to it," I agreed. "So you're my tour guide today, dearie Henry?"

"Yes, and I have the whole day planned. First we'll go to Granny's and pick up some hot chocolate. Then we're going to the beach. We'll stop by my house for lunch and my step-dad, I think you met him - he's Killian Jones, he promised to take us out for a ride on his ship. It'll be us and some of the town on board - everyone wants to meet you. I hope that's okay!"

I nodded "that sounds great. Thank you for putting so much effort into planning this." I felt so lucky to have such a sweet, funny, and kind nephew. He looked so much like his father - the Bae I had known.

Henry smiled "My plan for Mission Happy Fairy  isn't even done yet! Next we'll have dinner on the beach and have a bonfire."

"Mission Happy Fairy," I laughed. "Sounds like a fun name for an adventure but - between you and me - I'm not a real fairy."

"Really?" Henry asked shocked.

"Really. I just used that to scare the Black Fairy." Henry gave an appreciative nod. Perhaps Auntie Rumby got a few points in the 'cool' column.

"It seems you two have lots to do," my Papa smiled. "Rumby, you should probably get dressed quickly then head out. I made this purse for you - it has everything you'll need for the day in it."

"It's beautiful, Papa! Thank you. Henry, I'll be right back down." I
dashed up the stairs and changed.

This should be great for our day of fun, I thought as I put on the light green dress and matching heels

This should be great for our day of fun, I thought as I put on the light green dress and matching heels. I put away some more clothes in case I needed to change later.

"I'm ready," I said cheerfully.

"Let's go!" Henry grabbed my hand and practically dragged me the whole way to Granny's - he was very fast.

I was glad our day of fun had begun.

———————————————————
*On December 20th changes were made to the chapter "Jane" in order to add clarity to who she is. I would recommend re-reading for further understanding on Jane or reading the change section in the comment below!*

Hi! It's the author, RumbellaGold.

If you like what I've written, please leave a nice comment and give a vote! Please feel free to ask questions and make suggestions for future chapters.

Read on, friends!

In the next chapter Rumbella will meet a man that she won't be able to forget. I wonder who he is?