Rumbella

"Welcome home!" Belle - my mom - said to me as she ushered me in a house. It looked nice.

"Thank you." I replied with a smile. Belle was holding Jane and Rumplestiltskin was holding Gideon.

If only I was coming into this house with the Jane and Gideon that I knew and that knew me...

"I'm going to prepare your room," Runplestiltskin said to me. "I'm sorry to have to ask, but would you mind watching Gideon for just a few minutes?"

I would rather not, I thought to myself. I must have taken too long to reply because Belle said it was okay and that I didn't have to.

It's not like I didn't want to help my parents, but being with my siblings that didn't recognize me made me feel like my heart would shatter.

"I'm sorry. It really would be no problem, but it's still hard to accept that he's a baby and not the brother I spent twenty-eight years with," I let out a sigh "I know he's my brother, but it's just... not the same."

"I'm sorry-

"No, Papa, don't be. That was rude of me. I just, I do need time." I looked between the two of my parents and saw the sadness on their face. As much as it hurt me to be with my siblings like this, I couldn't bear my parents being hurt because I couldn't take care of a baby.

"I guess I'm just being dramatic," I laughed nervously "here - I'll take Gideon."

"Are you sure?"

No.

"Of course, Papa" I faked a smile "baby or not he is my brother. I insist."

Runplestiltskin handed Gideon to me. He then went up to 'get some things in order.' I turned to Belle, "what shall we do while Papa is preparing?"

"Well, let me put some tea on and perhaps we can have a chat." Belle smiled and went into the kitchen.

I stayed in the living room, I intentionally looked at everything and anything besides Gideon.

After just a few minutes, Belle came back with the tea in one hand and Jane in the other. We sat in some comfortable chairs. We put Gideon and Jane in baby swings - they were fast asleep.

A few minutes went by. Belle and I sipped our tea in silence. I suppose neither of us knew what to say. I was content with having some silent moments to myself.

"Well, dearies, I just called in a babysitter." Rumplestiltskin said as he walked down the stairs. "Seeing as it's 7:00 pm, I'm sure the babes will be asleep for the rest of the night. How about us three go and get a bite to eat?"

"Well," Belle hesitated, I could tell she was conflicted "just for dinner then we'll be back after dinner?" She looked down at my siblings, obviously torn.

"Yes, dear."

"Well, I'm up for it," I replied with a smile. I need to find out who I am now that the White Fairy days are behind me, and that'll be hard to do when I'm around those from those days. An outing with my parents is just what I need.

"Well, it's decided then!" Belle said with a smile and patted my knee. "Who's watching the babes?"

"Snow is" Rumple replied "see! There's nothing to worry about!"

Snow came and after thanking her my parents and I headed to a restaurant called Granny's. It was a quaint and cozy restaurant filled with good smells.

"This place looks wonderful!"
I smiled. "Thank you for suggesting this, Papa."

We all sat down and received our menus. Runplestiltskin and Belle recommended the hamburgers.

"Dearie," Rumplestiltskin said and I looked up "what's your name?"

"I don't have one. I saved picking a name until I was reunited with you and mum." I said with a half smile, "perhaps I'll be able to pick a name tonight."

"Do you have an idea of what you want your name to be or to be like?" Belle asked.

"Well, I had wanted to have a name that honored both of you - like a combination of your names. But I haven't found one that sounds nice yet."

I had thought of so many names! Belkin, Rumpelle, Bellump, Rumbelle... But none of them were quite what I wanted.

"Hi, are you ready to order?" a waitress greeted us.

"Yes," I replied. My parents didn't even have to open the menu because they were ordering the 'usual' and I picked my food because of its name "I would like the portabella burger."

My parents proceeded to order then turned their attention back to me. They said it was sweet I wanted to be named after them - they seemed genuinely touched.

"I wanted a name that would be completely separate from my previous world."

"Well, we hope to be the first to know when you do pick out a name." Belle smiled and Rumplestiltskin nodded.

"Of course."

We talked about this world for a while. They let me know about the beach and the shops. We made plans to explore the town more later that week.

Soon, our food came.

"Here's your food. Two hamburgers and a portabella burger."

We took our food and began eating. Portabella... Belle, Bella.... portabella...

"Rumbella!" I said with a triumphant smile.

My parents looked utterly confused.

"That's my name. It's Rumbella and people can call me Rumby or Bella for short." I was ecstatic. I'm finally building my identity here. Soon I will know who I am.

"That sounds like a lovely name." Runplestiltskin smiled and Belle nodded. "Welcome to Storybrooke, Rumbella Gold."

Yes, this was perfect.

———————————————————
*On December 20th changes were made to the chapter "Jane" in order to add clarity to who she is. I would recommend re-reading for further understanding on Jane or reading the change section in the comment below!*

Hi! It's the author, RumbellaGold.

If you like what I've written, please leave a nice comment and give a vote! Please feel free to ask questions and make suggestions for future chapters.

Read on, friends!

In the next chapter a handsome lad will whisk Rumbella away and make her happier than she's ever been. Who could it be?