Strings and Ropes

Warning: The content you are about to see is not for the depressed, weak at heart, and innocent-minded people. If you are one of those, please be advised that it is strongly recommended for you to not view this. But, if you are willing to read this at your own risk, you are free to do so. But remember, I warned you ;D 

Due to my... artistic incapabilities, this story has been far too long postponed. This was supposed to be released for Christmas, or at least New Year's, but, eh. Just imagine that it's Christmas today, okay? Okay. 

 Enjoy~ Merry Christmas everyone! 

Although it's a bit late, here's a jolly good |Oneshot!| that you can share with your family! Let's start off this holiday with a funny, wholesome, and cute story, shall we? 

 It's been a long and tiresome day, but now, I'll be able to visit the one I love. Every hardship that life throws at me is worth it, if it means I can see his lovely smile beam at me.

I visited the hospital to see how he's doing. I greeted the nurse at the lobby and she greeted me back. I didn't need to talk to her that much since I frequent here, so she already knows who I'm going to visit at this point.

"Room 306." I thought to myself. I've acquired a habit of spelling out the room number every time I visit him. Says something about how many times I've visited him in this very same room.

I opened the door.

"Yo!" A familiar, bittersweet voice greeted me.

"How are you?" I asked him. He was lying on the hospital bed, smiling at me.

"Eh, I've seen... better days. Fucking in, fighting on. You know." He turned his head to the opposite side and closed his eyes to rest.

"You still have that song in your head?"

"Oh, yeah. Though, I also really like that Static guy. You should download me all of his songs when-"

"It's nearly Christmas."

Silenced echoed throughout the room.

"Well, yeah.. I guess it is." He laughed shortly.

There was a long and awkward pause which was only disturbed by his excessive, dry coughing.

"... ugh. Whoa. Well, that's the last coughing session for today." He said after calming down.

"Are you sure?"

"Well, no.. this IS the first time this kind of sickness appeared. Well, at least that's what the doctors told me." He saw my worried look, so he continued talking. "Although my condition's only been getting worse, the number of coughs per day were the only ones that increased. Following its pattern, I'd say that it'll only get worse for a little bit next week. It's not like I'm going to die or anything.." He smiled.

A red flag.

He's always positive, always so optimistic. That's what I like about him, a shining star in the darkness, a warm sun that gives me life.

"Oh-!" I just noticed that I've been staring at him for so long.

"You've got a crush on me all over again?" He chuckled.

I'm sooooo embarrassed! What did I look like when I was staring, was I smiling like an idiot?

"Hey, look. I'll be there on Christmas, okay? We'll eat a lot of pork and pudding that we're going to grow fat together!" He said.