Love Will Bring Out The Darkness In People pt. 1

"We've defeated your champions, Eliv! Give up now, or face your downfall, as it was said in the prophecy!" The mighty hero raised his silver, metal sword riddled with runes against the demon lord who's been commanding organized armies of lesser demons to raze villages and kill innocent villagers. "I won't let you take any more lives! So, I'm going to end you right here." He readied himself, gripping his sword as intensely as his gaze is sharp.

"What's Lily doing? She should be finished with those foul beasts right about now! She only has a potion or two remaining!"

"End me? How are you going to end me? One way or another?" Like an earthquake, the deep voice of the ravenous demon shook the pillars which supported his gigantic, maze-like castle.

"What do you mean, you bloodthirsty demon?!" The hero was quick with his defensive stance, ready for any trickery that might come his way. Bathed in armor and all sorts of dark magic, what could this stupidly terrible creature be planning?

"'Bloodthirsty demon'?" With that, the demon's dreadful laughter echoed through the hallway. "I'm the bloodthirsty demon? Sure. But were you not aware of my ability to read one's mind?"

The hero's confused expression made the demon lord smile.

"Seriously, what is this guy planning?! Oops, don't think! Hnngh-!"

A titanic and intimidating laughter echoed through the dark hallway once more.

"I know this castle like the back of my hand, everything is calculated. What I meant was not if you could or couldn't kill me. What I meant was... what will become of you afterwards?"

"What sort of devious plan have you in store for me, you-"

"Enough with the bickering already, you fool. Your puny human voice sickens me. Although, what I'm about to do to you might be more sickening than you can imagine." A sadistic smile crept across the orc-like face of the demon lord.

"Alistair!" A woman in a knight's armor can be found panting near the huge, oak double doors that lead to the sight of a young hero against a malevolent being. "I'm here! I still have a potion or two remaining-"

"Just as planned." A green bolt of lighting suddenly penetrated that woman's chest, right where her heart dwells. The woman stood motionless, and within moments, fell to the gray, cold floor like a corpse... oh.