II

The teacher, Mrs. Harper, rambled on and on for what seemed like forever. Finally, she said something that earned Felix's attention. "So this project is due on Monday, work on it over the weekend, use your notes, and I am going to start assigning your partners now. Pay close attention: Chris and PJ, Emma and Luke, Amy and Mark, Felix and Marzia, Dan and Phil... 

She called out the rest of the pairs, sipped her tea, and sat down. "I'm gonna be reading for the rest of the period because I'm tired so if you need anything just walk over to my desk and let me know." The class shuffled to another desk or chair to get closer to their partner. Felix saw Marzia walk towards Felix's desk since Felix didn't bother to move a muscle.

She sat down on the chair beside him. "Sooooo what are we gonna do for 'dis project?" Marzia asked. "Uh I don't know." Felix grumbled. "Well, we have to think of something-" "Hey why aren't you avoiding me like everyone else does?" Felix asked. Um, because I'm being forced to work with you, and you really aren't that scary." Marzia said like it was obvious.

"But-" "Just shut it, I don't want to fail this project and I'm not doing 'dis alone." Marzia ordered. "Hey, don't tell me what to do, bitch!" Felix roared. The entire class fell silent. "Listen buddy, I'm serious! If you don't do nothin' I'll tell 'de teacher!" Marzia barked. "Oh the teacher! I'm so scared!" Felix sarcastically said. "I ain't gonna stroke your damn ego dude, if you do nothin' then I'll MAKE you do somethin'!" 

"Oh really?" "Yep!" "Try then, I dare you!" "1, 2, 3.." Felix suddenly felt the irresistible urge to grab his pencil out of his backpack, which he did. "4, 5, 6.." Felix then grabbed his science folder and 2 blank sheets of binder paper. "7, 8, 9.." Felix grabbed his textbook, and frantically flipped to the correct page. "10." "What the- how?" Felix was puzzled.

"Don't ask questions." Marzia hushed. The entire class applauded her. Felix fell silent. "So, I was thinking I could draw 'de poster, and you write 'de essay?" Marzia offered. "Sure." Felix was stunned. Felix has heard a bit about Marzia before this. Apparently, Marzia has straight A grades, is vegetarian, and a teacher's pet?

She looked to be pretty preppy, with her long, seemingly curly brown hair tied in a high ponytail. She had no makeup on except for black winged liner and mascara. She wore a pastel pink, long-sleeve button-down shirt with a neat black bow tied around the collar. Her skirt was black to match the bow, and it was so short, Felix could almost see her underwear while she stood up. Her jewellery was minimal. She also had on white knee-high socks and black creepers.

However, Felix only worried why Marzia, of all people, stood up to him and had the willpower to make him participate.  In his 4 years of High School, nobody has ever done this before. Ever. Felix is feared by the entire school, and as much as he dislikes it, Felix can't imagine never being feared. Felix snaps out of his trance when Marzia waves her left hand in front of his face.

"Yoo-hoo, are you there?" Marzia waved. "Huh? Uh-yeah. I'm working-" "Sure don't look like it! Get goin'!" Marzia barked. "Watch your mouth hoe," Felix muttered under his breath. "Excuse me?" Marzia whipped her head around. "I said, watch your damn mouth hoe!" Felix slammed his fist onto the desk. "Watch your mouth stupid before I slap you!" Marzia scolded.

"Oh, you're gonna slap me! Oh no I'm so scared!" Felix sarcastically said. Then, suddenly, Marzia struck Felix's left cheek, which left a bright red mark just moments later. The teacher looked up from her book, saw what happened, sipped her tea, and went back to reading. "Now get back to work!" Marzia ordered.

The entire class became still, and all eyes fell on Felix and Marzia. "Hey, what are you looking at?" Felix piped up. The entire class muttered in confusion and went back to work soon after. If Felix doesn't do anything, his entire "bad guy" image will be ruined. After some quick thinking, Felix got up out of his seat. "What are you doin-"

Felix shoved Marzia out of her seat, and she fell, face first, onto the wood floor. He then yanked her hair, and whispered into her ear: "Listen bitch, you better stop ordering me around, or else." Felix said through gritted teeth. "Or else what?" Marzia gasped.

"Don't ask." Felix banged her head three times onto the side of the desk. Marzia screamed. Felix began to walk out of class. "DOUCHE! YOU ONLY DID DIS' 'CAUSE YOU DON'T WANNA RUIN YOUR STUPID, DUMB, PATHETIC 'BAD BOY' IMAGE! ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS YOURSELF AND NO ONE ELSE-" "SHUT THE FUCK UP KNOW-IT-ALL." Felix screamed back. Marzia got up, grabbed Felix's collar, and shoved his body to the wall.

"You watch it, punk. Don't you ever touch me ever, or you're going to prison again. Do you understand?" "I don't care-" "ALRIGHT CLASS SETTLE DOWN!" Mrs. Harper finally spoke, "FELIX AND MARZIA, BOTH OF YOU ARE GOING STRAIGHT TO THE PRINCIPLES OFFICE AND YOU WILL BE HAVING DETENTION WITH ME FOR A WEEK. IF YOU DON'T SHOW UP, POINTS WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM YOUR GRADE! GO ON NOW!" 

"Wh-Wh-what? Th-Th-principles? Detention?" Marzia stuttered and froze. "I-I've never had detention in my life! I've never gotten in trouble in my life! What is this blasphemy?" "Marzia, leave now, or I'm calling security-" "Marzia, let's go-"

"S-S-Security? I was just defending myself-" Marzia's face grew pale. Felix grabbed Marzia's arm and tugged her out of the classroom, to the office, whilst she was a stuttering, panicking, mess. "'Dis-'Dis-'Dis is all you're fault! I don't deserve 'dis!" Marzia nervously stuttered. "It's not a big deal, get over it." Felix groaned.

"GET OVER IT? 'CAUSE OF YOU, MY PERFECTION IS RUINED AND MY LIFE IS OVER! ALL FOR YOUR STUPID REPUTATION TO BE A DARN CRIMINAL-" "JUST SHUT UP ALREADY GOD! WHO CARES?" "I CARE! MY FAMILY CARES! UNLIKE YOU, I CARE ABOUT MY EDUCATION AND MY GRADES AND HOW I ACT INSTEAD OF MY STUPID REPUTATION-" "JUST SHUT UP ALREADY GOD! OKAY FINE! I'M SORRY GOD DAMN." Felix groaned. "APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED," Marzia shouted.