Camp Camokiniw

*Pronounced "CAMO-KEE-NEW"

"I. AM. SO. EXCITED!!!" Kaede bounced up and down on her bed, then jumped off and took Maki's hands. "Aren't you?!"

"Not remotely." Maki replied, mono-tone as always.

"Ehhh?" Kaede looked disappointed. "Don't tell me your one of those, "I hate camping" people!"

"I don't hate camping. I just don't like being places I'm unfamiliar with."

"It'll be ok. I'll be there." Kaede reassured her, giving her hands a squeeze. "Plus, Kaito will be there."

Maki blushed.

"S-So?"

Kaede grinned knowingly.

"So, I'm pretty sure he's got enough energy for both of us." Then she frowned. "Speaking of Kaito, I wonder where he is. He's supposed to be here by now, helping us with our-"

"MOTHERFUCKING CAMPING, YEAH!" Kaito kicked open the door, and grabbed the two girls around the waist, carrying them out the door.

"K-Kaito!" Maki fumed. "Wait! Our luggage-"

"Shuichi's got it." Kaito kissed her on the cheek, then gently knocked his head against Kaede's.

Maki glanced back at Shuichi; he was following them, both suitcases in each hand.

He smiled at Maki.

"Excited for camping?"

Maki frowned, looking at Kaito.

"No." She narrowed her eyes. "You can put me down now. Kaede and I are capable of walking, you know."

"But I'm having so much fun..." He whined, and Kaede giggled.

Maki sighed.

They exited the building, and walked out to the bus.

They then got on the bus, putting their luggage above them and sitting down.

After a couple minutes, students decided to start doing their own thing.

"Hey, hey! Kaito! Card game?" Kokichi was sitting next to Rantaro, the seat in front of Kaito and Maki.

Kaito glanced at Maki; she was staring out the window.

"Yeah, sure. Whatever." Kaito shrugged.

They played cards, and it all came down to one play...

Kaito was to pick one of Kokichi's cards; it was pure luck.

"Don't be shy, Kaito...go ahead...pick one." Kokichi teased.

"S-Shut up! I'll get to it!" Kaito barked.

Kaito's hand hovered over the one farthest to the right.

Kokichi looked fearful.

Kaito moved his hand over to the card farthest to the left.

Kokichi looked ecstatic.

He's bluffing, Kaito thought, and swiftly picked that card.

It was the wrong card.

Kaito looked up at Kokichi's face; his grin was pure evil.

It was actually kind of scary.

But Kaito was used to it; he gave him a blank stare.

"Another round?" Kokichi then asked cheerfully, grabbing Kaito's cards and shuffling them.