Drunk Under The Mistletoe

"What did he do to you..." Shuichi sighed as he supported his drunk girlfriend, trying to walk home from the bar.

"He-" She hiccupped, giggling. "He didn't dooo anything, I-I just wanted to see how it tasted."

"Kaede." Shuichi shook his head. "Just focus on walking for now. We're almost there."

"Where where? Where are we going?" She sang, swaying a bit.

"Back to the apartment."

"What about Kokichi?"

Shuichi froze, and looked back.

"Jesus. I thought he was right behind us." He pulled out his phone, but it was dead. "Shit."

"Don't worry, sweetie, I've got mine...but it's in my pocket." She stumbled over her words, staring at him.

"Could you get it?" He asked softly, and she just hiccupped again. "...Well then."

He quickly looked around, but the streets were empty; it was pretty late.

He reached into her skirt pocket and fished out her phone.

"Sh-Shuichi!" She giggled, hopping a little. "That tickles!"

"Well, you didn't want to get it out yourself, so I had to do it." Shuichi informed her, turning on her phone.

"Baby..." She put her arms around him, putting her nose against his cheek.

Shuichi could feel how warm she was; he tried not to let it get to him.

"Are you mad at me?" She pouted.

"No, Kaede. I'm not mad at you. I'm just worried because-" He looked around again; no sign of him. "I don't know where Kokichi is, and a drunk Kokichi is something to worry about."

"What about a drunk me?" She laughed. "Am I ok?"

"Your-" He looked at her, blushing. "Your easier."

"Ok-ok." She giggled.

"KAEDE!" They both heard a high-pitched voice yell, and Kokichi came running up, standing on his tip-toes in front of Kaede, putting his hands on her cheeks and squishing her face.

"My love, I have come to rescue you from this dastardly demon! OUR FINAL BATTLE SHALL COMENCE AT YOUR APARTMENT, SHUICHIII!" With that he laughed and ran away.

"KOKICHI, WAIT!" Shuichi yelled, while Kaede giggled. "Ugh."

Shuichi texted Maki, and a few minutes later, she drove up.

She rolled down the window and peered at the two of them, sighing.

"What happened?" She asked.

Shuichi sighed as he helped Kaede strap herself into the passenger seat.

"Kaede and Kokichi are drunk. I don't know how it happened."

"Where's Kokichi?"

"Back at my place. Don't worry, I can handle him. I just couldn't handle both of them." He explained. "Thanks for this, Maki."

She nodded and rolled up the window, driving away.

Shuichi sighed, and made his way towards his apartment.

He opened the door and darkness and silence greeted him.

"Kokichi? Where are you, buddy? I'm going to take you home, ok?" Shuichi called out to his friend while he turned on the lights.

He walked into the living room, and Kokichi was standing there, a roll of paper towel in his hand.

"En garde!" He said, a fierce gleam in his eyes. "Trying to steal my girlfriend, eh? Let's settle this, man to man."

"Kokichi." Shuichi walked over to him. "First of all, your gay. Second of all, Kaede is MY girlfriend. We've been over this, and-why are you taking off your shirt?"

"I'm trying to entice you. Is it not working?" Kokichi whined, his shirt half-un-buttoned.

"Kokichi. I'm not gay." Shuichi explained calmly, kneeling down and buttoning up his shirt.

"Thahat T-TICKLES!" Kokichi shrieked, jumping back.

Shuichi stared at him, a half-smile on his face, then shook his head and stood up.

"Anyway...you can sleep here tonight. You'll be sober in the morning, and then I can make fun of you."

"Ohhh? I get to sleep with you?" Kokichi grinned at him.

"No. You'll be sleeping on the couch-where are you going?"

Kokichi walked over to the door.

He turned to Shuichi and smiled.

"C'mere!" He called, and Shuichi sighed and reluctantly stood next to him.

Kokichi suddenly burst out laughing.

"What is it?" Shuichi asked, flabbergasted.

"I can't believe you did it! Look up!" Kokichi giggled.

Shuichi did, and he saw...mistletoe.

He sighed and looked back down.

"I'm not kissing you."

Kokichi grinned shyly.

"Will you settle for a hug?" He asked, sticking his arms out.

"...Fine." Shuichi reached down and hugged him.

Kokichi smirked, and brought his hands up to his face, tickling under his ears.

Shuichi giggled, scrunching up his shoulders.

"Whahahat ahahare yohohou dohohohing? Lehehet mehehe gohohoho!" Kokichi surprisingly obeyed, and Shuichi stared at him, blushing.

"What was that for?" Shuichi asked, rubbing behind his ears.

"Your really cute when your being tickled." Kokichi giggled, and Shuichi smirked at him.

"Oh yeah? Not as cute as you."

Kokichi's grin disappeared.

"What's wrong? Did I say something wrong?" Shuichi asked, suddenly worried.

"I..." Kokichi looked down at the floor. "I have something to tell you..."

"Ok." Shuichi said gently. "You can tell me anything."

Kokichi looked up at him, a wicked grin on his face.

"I'm not actually drunk. THANKS FOR THE HUG! GAAAY!"

With that, Kokichi quickly opened the door and ran out, laughing like a maniac.

Shuichi watched him go with a half-smile on his face.

"I didn't know it was possible to love and hate anyone that much. Kokichi Oma is living proof."