Chapter 34: "Plus, I'm a good nurse."

songs for the chapter:

-All Too Well - Taylor Swift

- Never Say Never - The Fray

-Don't Forget Where You Belong - One Direction

-Everything Has Changed - Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran 

Chapter 34: "Plus, I'm a good nurse."

.

.

.

mareen's pov.

.

.

.

         I stare blankly at the walls in front of me, trying to reminisces about the times Liam has actually cared. He did once save us from some paparrazzi's, but he didn't exactly save me, he saved his bandmates and I happened to be there. He saved me once from a creep in the stupid club, but he was drunk. 

That's it, nothing else.

          He's never cared enough for me to do anything, he just annoys the life out of me. But that's the thing, I still care about him and I still can't get him out of my head. It's just, he makes me in a weird way act like myself. I don't have to keep myself from acting weirdly just because he'll think I'm weird, he would act weird with me and would not judge me. 

          But Luke cares, he does. He's there always for me, he's happy and shy and cute. That's all I need, right?

          I try to remember clearly what I had been doing these past hours, but that's the thing, it's all blank and just nonexistent. I hate feeling that way, it's like part of your memory was erased or something. But there are things that I want to remember, but I can't. I'm struggling too hard and it's giving me a mild headache.

"Hi Mareen, are you okay?" Luke interrupts my thoughts, a big evident smile on his face. I stay silent and he walks towards my side, my face moves directly to the opened window on my left. Luke's smile falls and he rushes towards it, struggling to close the window. I stay confused.

"What are--What are you doing?" my words come out lazily, it feels like the medicine is taking over my whole body and leaving me weak. 

"Doctor instructed rest so I figured I--"

"What is that noise about?" I ask feeling a bit uneasy with it.

His face seems confused and I know he is debating his answer. "Some politician, I think. I'm not quite sure." he scratches the back of his neck and smiles sheepishly at me, I don't return it and stay silent.

"Are you okay?" he repeats resting his hand on my shoulder.

I suddenly don't feel good at all, my stomach begins to churn and I feel acid hitching in my throat. I take the stupid thing connected to my arm and run towards the bathroom, releasing the feedback to the toilet. Tears fall from my eyes and I feel someone grab the hair out of my face. 

"I'm asking you again Mareen and you better tell the truth, are you okay?" Luke asks behind me, looking away and probably not breathing through his nose. I sigh in deeply, I flush the toilet and rinse my mouth with the copper-tasting water from the sink.

"She's okay," a voice outside of the bathroom says. "The medicine is leaving her system like this. She'll be able to leave tonight after we run some tests on her. Common Mareen, you should get some rest." The doctor says kindly, he grabs my arm and directs me to the hospital bed. He leaves the room shortly after scribbling down on his little clipboard.