Part 29

All of them stopped in front of a huge wooden roller coaster.

"The Racer..." Mick read. "Looks fun..."

He pointed to two separate cars going up a hill on side by side tracks.

"Looks like one goes up forward and one's going up backward." Mick said, looking around at Mick and Lindsey.

"I don't know about this one..."

Mick looked at Lindsey.

"What's wrong with it?" he asked him.

Lindsey pointed to Stevie.

"The last time she went on a wooden roller coaster that only had the little lap bar, she freaked out. Especially since she started to rise up out of her seat near the end.

Stevie's eyes widened.

"No! I don't wanna go on one like that. I'll go on the ones where they put the restraint over your shoulders, but I hated that little bar." She said. "I was scared half to death I was gonna fly out of the damn coaster when I rode that little one."

She looked over as she noticed Lindsey giggling to himself.

"What's so funny?" she asked.

"Oh God...I just got an image in my head..." Lindsey said, giggling.

"Image of what?" Stevie asked.

Lindsey giggled as he looked at her.

"You remember in the Charlie Brown cartoons where Lucy would pull the football away from Charlie Brown and he'd go up in the air and all you'd see was his butt and his legs sticking up and his arms sticking out as he went "UUUUUUUGH!""

"Yeah..." Stevie said.

Lindsey giggled.

"I got an image of you doing that on this rollercoaster here. It goes down a hill and you rise out of your seat and all the people on the ground would see was your butt and your legs and arms as you screamed out "UUUUUUUUUUGH!" "

Stevie rolled her eyes as Mick and John giggled along with Lindsey.

"Oh God, I have that image now too." Mick said, laughing.

"So do I..." John added. "Her butt and her little tiny legs and arms just hovering there in the air for a moment before she fell to earth."

"Yeah, what a wonderful way to end my life. I died looking like a cartoon character." Stevie said, as everyone giggled hysterically.

"Well, anyway, I think we should find another coaster that won't involve Stevie flying out of the car and dying." Lindsey said.

"Yes, I would love it if you did find something else." Stevie said, nodding.

"Okay, we'll find a nice looped rollercoaster then." Mick said. "Come along, kiddies!"

They walked past the rollercoaster. As they walked along, Lindsey suddenly giggled and looked back at Mick and John...

"UUUUUUUUUUUGH!" he said, grinning.

Mick and John laughed as Stevie sighed deeply and shook her head.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Hey, wait a minute..." Lindsey said, stopping everyone. "Look Steves, a Ferris wheel and there's no one in line. Wanna go on it?"

"Yeah...I'll go." Stevie said, nodding.

"You guys?"

"Nah, too boring. We'll wait...Have fun though." Mick said.

"Come on, Stevie. Hurry before they start!" Lindsey said, as he grabbed her hand and they ran through the line.

"Made it!" Lindsey said, as they came to the first car.

He helped Stevie into the back and frowned as he noticed there was no room for him. He looked at the second compartment in front of hers and shrugged.

"Guess you can't sit together on this one..." he said, climbing into it.

He looked around and frowned when he noticed there was no restraints.

"Lindsey? Do you know where the seatbelt or the bar is?" he heard Stevie yell through the wall separating them.

"No! I don't see it! I'll ask the attendant when he comes!" Lindsey yelled back.

He looked over as the attendant walked up.

"Hey, where's the restraints?" he asked, as the attendant closed an iron gate and secured it.

"There are none...the car goes fast enough that you'll be pinned down." He said.

"WHAT?" Lindsey heard Stevie cry out as the attendant walked away. "WE'RE NOT GONNA BE RESTRAINED IN ANY WAY? I WANT OFF THEN!"

Lindsey grimaced as the ride started.

"TOO LATE, STEVES!" he yelled back.

"LINDSEY!" He heard Stevie cry out.

"ANGEL! CALM DOWN! THE GUY SAID IT'D BE GOING SO FAST, WE'D BE PINNED DOWN. APPARENTLY, THEY'RE JUST GONNA SPIN US ROUND AND ROUND IN A CIRCLE."

"I HOPE I DON'T PUKE!" he heard her say.

Suddenly, the car tilted on it's side.

"WHAT THE HELL?" Lindsey heard Stevie scream.

"Oh God..." Lindsey muttered as he felt the car begin to go up in the air as the ride lifted to a vertical position.

"LINDSEY!"

"STEVIE, HOLD ON!"

"THERE'S NOTHING TO HOLD ON TO, YOU IDIOT!"

"I MEAN JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES AND IT'LL BE DONE IN A MOMENT!"

"I hope..." he added to himself.

As the car went up into the air and began to go upside down, Lindsey grimaced as he felt the centrifugal force press his body up against the hard plastic behind him. He heard Stevie scream for a moment and then the car was going back down. Lindsey sighed as he felt the pressure release his body. But it was only a moment's release before the car sped back up into the sky and his body was forced back up against the hard plastic.

"Christ, this is hurting my goddamn back!" he muttered to himself as the pressure was lessened again.

"ARE YOU OKAY, STEVIE?" he yelled out as they went back up into the air again.

"GUESS!" Stevie screamed back.

"I'M SORRY ANGEL! I THOUGHT THIS WAS AN ORDINARY FERRIS WHEEL!"

"WELL YOU THOUGHT WRONG, DIDN' YOU?" Stevie screamed back.

"IS THE PRESSURE HURTING YOUR BACK?" Lindsey cried out as they went around and up in the air again.

"YES, MY BACK, AND MY NECK IS HURTING FROM MY HEAD JERKING BACK AND FORTH AND MY HIP IS HURTING TOO!"

Lindsey grimaced as he thought about her aching hip.

"I'M SO SORRY, ANGEL! I HONESTLY THOUGHT IT WAS JUST A FERRIS WHEEL!" he called out.

"I KNOW YOU DID! I JUST WANT THIS TO END!" Stevie yelled back.

The moment her words left her lips, the ride began to slow down.

"THANK GOD!" Stevie cried out as Lindsey breathed a sigh of relief.

"I'm so, so, sorry, Steves. In the future, I'll watch the ride to see what it does before we get on it." He said.

"I think that would be a good idea." Stevie said.

The ride came to a stop and Lindsey grimaced as he rubbed his sore back. He looked over as the attendant unlocked the gate and swung it open. When he left, Lindsey hopped out and walked over to Stevie. He frowned as he saw the pained look on her face and he helped her get out of the car.

"I'm so sorry, baby." He said, as he put his arm around her back and helped her to the exit.