Part 18

"Well, guys, how about this?" Lindsey said, pointing to a number of people floating inner tubes in a moat-like circle of water.

"Yes, this I can handle." Stevie said.

"I...don't know. I'd rather go back and ride that huge slide again." Mick said.

"Yeah, me too." John added, looking back.

"Well...why don't you guys do that and we'll do this and we'll meet you here when we're done." Lindsey said.

"Sounds like a plan to me." Mick said, as John nodded in agreement. "Okay, we'll see you soon then. Come on, John, the head rush awaits."

Mick and John ran back off towards the water slide as Stevie and Lindsey walked up to the line for the inner tubes.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Ah..."

Stevie sighed as she lay in the middle of the inner tube as it floated along the water. She reached down and lazily splashed the water. She brought her hand back up and put it across her chest as she closed her eyes and soaked up the afternoon sun.

Suddenly, she felt something bump against her. She gasped and opened her eyes.

"Avast there, wench. You are under attack by the dread pirate Buckingham. Prepare to be boarded!"

Stevie stared at Lindsey who was lying next to her in his inner tube.

"Give me all yer booty or I'll keelhaul you!" he said.

He giggled as Stevie continued to stare. Suddenly, without warning, she rammed her hands against Lindsey's inner tube. As his inner tube floated away, she put both her hands in the water and began to paddle away from him.

"Curse you, wench! I'll make ye walk the plank for that!" Lindsey said, as he began to paddle after her.

Stevie looked back and giggled as she saw Lindsey staring at her with a wide eyed stare as he continued to paddle after her.

"When I catch up to ye. I'll put ye in irons and make ye my scullery maid, you landlubber!" Lindsey called out as he neared her inner tube.

At last Lindsey caught up to Stevie, he grabbed her inner tube and sneered at her.

"Ha! Thought you could outrun the likes of me, did ye? Well, I'll show you what we do with people who defy pirates!" he said.

"Don't know what you do to people who defy pirates. But this is what I do to the pirates themselves."

Stevie made a fist and rammed it down on the hand holding the inner tube.

"OW!!" Lindsey cried out, as he shook his hand and held it.

He raised an eyebrow as Stevie whistled to herself and quickly paddled away. As he watched her trying to get away, he suddenly got an idea.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Stevie laid her head back and closed her eyes again as she stopped paddling. She smiled as the inner tube drifted slowly along. Her smile faded into a confused frown as she suddenly felt the inner tube speeding up a bit. She opened her eyes and saw Lindsey's face above her. She looked around and noticed he was out of his inner tube and was pulling it along while he was pushing hers.

"What do you think you're doing, Lindsey?" Stevie asked, staring up at him.

"Pushing you, what does it look like I'm doing?" he replied.

"That better be all you do..." Stevie warned.

Lindsey said nothing. He continued to push the inner tube along as Stevie laid her head back and closed her eyes. After a moment, she opened one eye and glanced back up at Lindsey.