Chapter 41: Trust Issues

Jae POV: 

It was never my plan to go behind his back and lie to him but the truth is I did it for my own selfish reasons. All this time I've been saying that Jungkook doesn't deserve me but now it looks like I don't deserve him. Here he is rejecting a very attractive stripper for me and here I am standing with the boy he hates the most and without telling him as well. I can't even face him, his eyes scream anger and disappointment and I just want the ground to swallow me up.  

"Well this is awkward" David says breaking the silence but Jungkook doesn't even look at him, his eyes are fixed on me.  

"Ay Jae you're here!" Uncle JB shouts and pushes the two girls off him and rushes towards me and pulls me into a hug making the lady in the red lingerie give me the death stare. She kisses her teeth then slowly makes her way towards me looking me up and down like I'm some trash. 

"So this is the cheap chocolate that you're with, no wonder you look hungry" the lady says making me scoff at her. How dare she try and call me cheap, I look way classier than she does right now and she's the one that's going after youngers. 

"How could you do this to me?" Jungkook speaks up clenching his jaw and trying his best to keep the tears in his eyes. I return my attention back to him and I feel like running towards him to give him a hug but I don't think its going to be that simple. 

"Jungkook I didn't mean to-" 

"But you did Jae even though you didn't want to you still lied to me. You were the one who made the promise for me to keep but you couldn't keep it yourself? What makes you so special that you can break the promise but I can't? I bet you if it was the other way around you wouldn't even talk to me anymore" he sniffs and begins to blink violently so that he doesn't let his tears fall. 

"Jungkook I was going to tell you but David made me keep it a secret but I swear I was going to tell you" I beg him as I walk up towards him and try to hold his face in my hands but he grabs my wrists preventing me from touching his face. "Jungkook I said I was sorry" 

"No, no you didn't you gave me an excuse you didn't apologize at least I apologized for doing those things to you in the past, I didn't even make any excuses" he says and I put my head down feeling ashamed of myself. I can feel his eyes on me waiting for me to say something in response but what can I say? 

"I'm sorry I lied to you, why can't you just forgive me? I forgave you" I respond making him scoff at me. He steps away from me and begins to shake his head making me look at him confused, why is he still upset I said I was sorry. 

"You don't get it do you?" He gives me a faint smile and I just shrug my shoulders. 

"Get what?" 

"I have been working hard to keep us together, to please you, to redeem myself to the point where it feels like I'm the only one who is trying. You know that I have problems with trusting people, you were the only person who I could trust and I wanted to show you that I appreciate that. I have no one Jae, I don't have a nice big brother like Bambam, I don't have a dad who spoils me rotten, I don't have a mother who truly cares about me I only had you. And for you to go behind my back when I asked you whether you were hiding something and you said no... that hurts Jae. I thought I was doing well but I guess I wasn't good enough-" 

"No, no don't say that please you are doing a great job I just made one selfish mistake and I'm sorry. I have taken you for granted but I love and trust you Jungkook" I plead as I look up at him with my eyes filled with tears. I never knew this is how he felt, I have been so selfish and so careless I forgot about his feelings.