Chapter 5: The Curse and the First Sort of Date

A/N Well I was really bored last night, so I wrote a lot on this story... Sorry it's so short!!!

Chapter 5: The Curse and the First Sort of Date

“Be yourself, don't take anyone's shit, and never let them take you alive.”- Gerard Way

Liam P.O.V

She can see the shadows? That never happened before! Maybe the curse is possible to change. Maybe the curse is changing…

“What curse?” the sound of her voice snaps me out of my thoughts. Did I speak out loud? “Yeah but it was almost inaudible. So what curse?” I just grab her wrist and drag her out of the graveyard towards the lake. The place we had our first date, decades ago, before it was turned into a school. Back when it was just a forest, the place where I lost her for the first time, the place where my heart broke to pieces, as she died in my arms.

As we sat down on some flat stones on the small piece of sand at the edge of the small lake in the corner of the school property, I sighed and started to wonder how I could tell her, without freaking her out. I mean it’s not the easiest thing in the world to tell the girl you have been in love with for over 150 years that you two are to ones who holds the universe in balance and she never lives to be 18. As I’ve said before; being a fallen angel has its downsides. Especially when you are expecting a war between the Light and the Dark to be rising. Not easy at all.

“Promise me you won’t freak out!” I tell her and she nod. “I promise. Now what curse?” I took a deep breath before telling her:

“It started in Wolverhampton in 1854 when I met a girl called Ilona Meath. She had long dark brown hair and brown eyes that looked like small oceans of chocolate. I could drown in her eyes and die happy. But anyway I fell in love with her, but we have rules against loving humans”

“Hold on, we? And why do you have rules about loving humans? What are you?” she looked a bit scared. “I guess I better show you before continuing the story.” I stood up; removing my shirt and showed her the two slim scars I had on my back. “What are those? What happened to your back?” “I was born with them; well I was reborn with them. Stand back I need to show you something.”

Ilona P.O.V

“… Stand back I need to show you something.” I walk away from him, not completely but a few feet away. I watch as two beautiful white wings grow out of his back and his eyes turns completely purple. He is beautiful. Suddenly it’s like a piece of my memory returned, I remember dying a lot. I remember Liam. I remember loving him with all of my heart. I remember what he is.

“Omg Liam! You are a fallen angel right?” I asked just to make sure that I’m not wrong and this just is another one of my weird dreams. “Yeah… Wait how did you know?” “I just remembered you told me before” “What? How?” “No idea.” He looked at me with a mix of fear and love in his eyes. Maybe he is just wondering how I can remember all this stuff; I’m not even sure myself, but one thing I know for sure. I’m not leaving him again!

Lust and desire suddenly burns through my body, all I can think of is kissing him. But I know it would probably kill me if I did kiss him… Oh what the flank I don’t really care. I walk over to where he stands, frozen, and kiss him. My back begins to hurt, but I ignore the pain. As we part, both breathless, he stares at me. I didn’t die.