Chapter 18

A shaky hand dug into my pocket and brought out the number scribbled on a scrap of paper. I grabbed my phone and carefully put the number in. After a few rings Tyler's voice filled the silence

"Hello?"

He asked curiously

"Tyler..."

I managed shakily

"Sophie! How are you?"

The excitement in his voice brought a feeling of comfort which only made me sob harder.

"Aw Sophie, is it that bad being back there?"

I managed to mumble a yes, he sighed loudly and I could tell he was frustrated.

"Sophie I'm miles away, there is no way I can come and see you. It's just impossible"

I started to get my sobbing under control and I took a deep breath.

"Tyler it's fine don't worry, I'll be fine, I just needed to hear your voice again. It's too overwhelming here"

I managed quietly, he sighed again

"Are you going to be okay?"

He asked

"Yeah, yeah... I'll be okay, I don't need you here"

Neither of us believed what I'd said but we both moved on, it didn't matter how we both felt, it was impossible to see each other. I said thank you and goodbye to Tyler before I ended the call.

I put my phone down and ran my fingers through my hair, feeling lower than I had before I phoned Tyler, longing to see his face again, see his smile, hear him laugh. Fresh tears rolled down my cheeks but I hastily wiped them away in an attempt to deny what I knew I felt deep down.

I climbed onto my bed and wrapped myself in my blanket, texting Tyler back and forth. I lost track of time talking to Tyler and before I'd even realised, there was a knock at my door which I opened to find Mrs Hudson standing there with a grilled cheese toasty on a plate. I smiled gratefully at her and took the plate from her, she looked back at me with an unreadable expression for a few seconds before turning and sighing, walking back towards the kitchen.

I closed my door again and began digging into my toasty. My thoughts drifted to my mom, somewhere out there in the world, I wondered what she was doing, wether she missed me or regretted giving me up. Probably not. A wave of anger rushed over me, quickly replaced by sadness, what wasn't I good enough for her? A thought encountered my head.

I threw the half eaten toasty on to the plate before flinging open the door to my room. I found dad pacing around the living room. He turned to look at me as I bounded through the door, curls going wild.

"Dad, I need your help"

I stated, he simply raised an eyebrow, urging me to elaborate.

"I need you to help me find my mum"

AN// Hello people of Wattpad! It's nice to be back, I'm in the middle of my mock exams and it's very stressful so I'm using this as an escape for a while, meaning more than likely you'll get a double chapter upload today so lucky you ;) Anyway Happy New Year, it's over a year since I started writing this! Isn't that crazy? It's been a slow process but you know, I'm grateful to all of you people who are still reading, seeing that people enjoy what I do makes me so happy!!! Love you all so much, have a great Monday :)

Starryeyes <3