Chapter 4: Adjusting

When I woke up the next morning, I saw a couple packages near the door. Frowning, I approached them. Cautiously opening them, I saw there were a number of beautiful kimonos inside as well as a few hair pins and pieces of jewlery. They all seemed brand new and of high quality. There was no note attached to them so I gathered all of it up after putting on my kimono from the previous night and headed to Kinshiro's room.

He answered as soon as I knocked, and I slid open the door. 

"Do you know where these came from?" I held out the packages.

"Sion must have dropped those off. He said he was going to bring you some new clothes. They're for you so wear whatever you want." He was smoking his pipe but sent me a kind smile. I was a little shocked. I had never been gifted anything. I was orphaned before the village elder adopted me. I was raised to do things for myself and expect nothing from anyone. Gift giving was forbidden in my village. But just by looking at Kinshiro, I knew it would be pointless to try arguing.

"Please tell him I say thank you." I adjusted my hold on the packages.

"Why not tell him yourself? It would be good for you to get to know the guys. They're all good men. I know they are all glad to have you joining us. A few of them even said they were curious about you after they got back last night." He drew me a map to Iseya, the store Sion's family owned and told me that both Sion and Hotaka lived there. He also drew on the map, labeling Natsume's library, Wakasa's clinic and Aoi's home. According to him, Soji lived at Kyokatei.

I returned to my room after saying thank you and laid out the new kimonos and looked them over. I chose a few pieces and put them on. I also did my hair very simply, letting it hang free with a small braid by my face. I washed my face and put on light makeup. Looking in the mirror that was placed in the room, my appearance was much different than it was yesterday when I was dressed as a prostitute with heavy makeup and my hair in an complex looking design. I looked more simple and I liked it.

Grabbing my purse and map, I exited Kyokatei

Grabbing my purse and map, I exited Kyokatei. Even during the day, the red light district was busy. I walked forward, careful not to bump into people. 

I eventually arrived at a very large store and knew it was Iseya. Taking a breath, I entered, seeing a number of customers and staff walking around. I didn't see anyone who looked like Sion or Hotaka. Well I couldn't see a lot of people since I couldn't look over heads. I was fairly short. And I didn't really know what Sion looked like. I only saw him in his ninja outfit when the room was dark. I obviously knew what Hotaka looked like but I didn't see him either.

I decided to just look around and began looking through kimono fabrics. I loved making clothing. I was good at it. As I held up a vibrant piece of fabric to my body, I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"That's a wonderful choice." Turning around, I saw a handsome man with purple hair that went just below his shoulders. His eyes were also a very beautiful purple. He was a tall man, and considering I think most people are tall, that was saying something. I recognized his voice as Sion.