Chapter 10: Holland

I groaned slightly as I stretched my arms, trying to will myself back to sleep. As I kept my eyes closed in order to sleep more, I felt something weird, almost as if my body was swaying. My eyes opened and I found myself in an unfamiliar room. I threw off the blanket that had been draped over me and ran to the door in the room. Throwing it open, I was hit with wind. 

Steadying myself against the surprise breeze, I stepped out of the room. I found myself on the deck of a ship and ran to the edge, and was shocked. I saw no land anywhere. No matter where I looked, all I saw was water. I felt my stomach plummet as I fell to my knees, shaking.

I didn't remember anything from the night before. I remembered having a bath and opening the door to my room, but that was it. I was still in my nightclothes.

I felt my body be picked up as I was suddenly shielded from the wind. Looking up, I saw Willem looking at me with a slight frown.

"Why did you leave the room dressed like that? You will catch a cold." He seemed worried about my well being but I didn't trust him. He was obviously the reason I was here. As he began walking me back to the room I just exited, I grabbed one of the hands holding me and twisted it and moved my elbow, hitting him in the chest hard, catching him by surprise as he dropped me. I landed in a crouch and glared at him as he gasped from the force of my hit. 

"Why am I here?" I tried reaching into my sleeve for the knife I always kept on hand in all my clothes and found it empty.

"Looking for this?" Willem straightened up and pulled the knife out of his jacket. He didn't seem angry, if anything, he seemed impressed. Almost pleased. "Forgive me, but I will be holding onto this for the time being."

"Answer my question. Why. Am. I. Here." I was shaking with rage.

"You are here because I brought you here. I wanted you to be with me. Please do not look at me that way, you are so beautiful when you smile. Although this expression is just as lovely." He reached forward to gently stroke my cheek and I smacked his hand away.

"Don't you dare touch me. Let me guess, you're going to kill me? Use me for some sort of ransom perhaps?" I was furious. Not only with him, but for myself as well for getting into this situation.

He seemed visibly upset when I said that and shook his head. "Of course not. I would never hurt you or use you as property. I simply want to make you happy in my home. I plan on giving you a life of comfort and love. I will make you happy."

"Well you're starting off by making me pretty pissed off. You kidnapped me from my home. Took me from my friends and a job that I really liked. Who does that!? Is that the only way you can get a girl in your country?" I kept my back straight as I looked him in the eyes, not allowing myself to be intimidated by him.

"I do not mean to anger you. But you will move on from it when we get back to Holland. It is very beautiful there and I am sure you will love it. Besides, I do not think you can run away from here." He gestured to the water surrounding us with a proud look on his face.

"I don't want to go to Holland... I want to go home." I looked down with clenched fists.

Willem embraced me gently, stroking my back. "My home will become yours. I am more than happy to do whatever it takes to make you happy. And although I want to make you happy by doing anything for you, I will never let you leave me." His tone hardened slightly as he sounded possessive, almost obsessive, tightening his hold around me. I knew right then that he was serious. If he was skilled enough to kidnap me from Kyokatei that not only had a number of maids wandering around, but Sion and Soji, two trained and skilled ninjas, were there as well. I knew I was outmatched. I simply stood there as he held me. I made a decision. I wouldn't be nice to him but I also wouldn't be rude. I would be simply indifferent to him, while making sure not to anger him, until I found a way to get home. I would go along with whatever he wanted while planning my escape.