Chapter 26: Homeward Bound

"The prostitutes all say that Toru and Tsubaki have been staying in the brothel for about two months. They've been meeting with some guy named Suetsugu and Willem. Other than that, I got nothing. I think Willem is avoiding me right now." Letting my hair down, I sighed.

"We searched the docks and the warehouses surrounding it, but we've found no guns." Ukyo and Hotaka seemed exhausted.

"I tried asking around, but no one at the Dutch trading house has heard of a merchant named Willem." Eduard was missing his usual calm smile.

Sion rolled his shoulders, a few small cracks being heard. "Yuzuki and I spent the day talking to merchants and checking goods."

"Wherever they are hiding... the weapons is somewhere... safe." Sighing softly, Kagura began handing everyone some tea.

"I tried a few divinations to try helping locate them, but all I know for sure is that they are in Nagasaki, but not for long." Frustrated, Asagi didn't touch his tea.

"So they plan on moving them soon." Nodding slowly, Makoto listened to us all talk before looking at me. "You're the closest one to Willem. You need to get close to him and have him show you where the guns are. We can not have them leave Nagasaki."

"If I try getting close to him, he'll see through it right away. Doubt he'll care though. But if I see where the guns are, I don't think he'll just let me come back and show you guys. No way he'll let me go after that." I shook my head.

"We're not too thrilled about you sending our friend directly into danger." Sion wrapped an arm around my shoulder, pulling me back to him.

"I'll have Asagi watch over her with a shikigami. We'll move as soon as she's shown the guns." Makoto already had a plan.

"We can't just be standing around and following her. Willem is perceptive and skilled enough to notice us even if we hide ourselves. Ninja skills don't work on him." Hotaka was uncharacteristically angry. He hated Willem.

"Then we wait at the brothel and the Hizenya. If they are working with Suetsugu, I assume Willem would be staying in his building. Plus those shipping forms are not made out to my brother. The recipient for Willem's goods is Suetsugu himself." Makoto looked over the form again to clarify.

"So when we act on Willem and Toru, we can finally bring Suetsugu down too, right? If he's smuggling illegal goods, that just adds to the crimes he's committed. We can finally bring him down for assisting with planning to assassinate the Shogun." Ukyo sounded eager and desperate. Relief and joy flashed over the faces of the Nagasaki men when Makoto slowly nodded.

"Yes. Suetsugu's time is coming to an end." Moving his eyes to mine once more, Makoto spoke. "Go. Get the information we need. We get it tonight."

.

"Stop making life difficult for me, Willem. Just tell me where the guns are." Crossing my arms, I glared at the man.

"You look lovely with that expression." Reaching out, Willem gently stroked my cheek as I smacked away his hand.

"Well yeah, I'm attractive. But that's besides the point!" I sighed in annoyance. "Please just tell me where the guns are."

"What do I get out of it?" His clear blue eyes narrowed in a pleased manner.

"You're negotiating with me? Now? Forget it. You're not worth it Willem." Annoyed, I turned to the door only to be held back. I was surrounded by Willem's scent and his warmth. I felt the tension of his chest against my back, his arms shaking as he wrapped them around me. He kept me in his arms as he turned me around. There were a number of emotions in his eyes.