Chapter Twenty-Five

AN: Merry Christmas! Notice how the Christmas chapter is 25? Because Christmas is the 25th? Get it? I'm sorry. It's actually kind of pathetic because I worked the entire story around the Christmas chapter being 25. But anyway, at the end of the Christmas Eve part, there are some kinks going down. So, if you aren't interested in that, once you get there you can just skip to the next day. Okay, I'm done now.

*****

December 24, 2016

Pete knocked on Patrick's door at seven on the night before Christmas. Pete normally didn't knock. He had a key and was very good at just letting himself in. Sometimes, Patrick woke up in the middle of the night to Pete crawling in under the covers next to him.

"You know you can just come in, right?" Patrick said when he opened the door. His eyes were half closed, and he was lazily rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well, I can't ask my beautiful boyfriend on a date if I just walk in. That isn't classy," Pete replied, gently tapping Patrick's cheek. "Wake up. I'm surprised you're even still dressed."

"Why?" Patrick whined. He was leaning against the doorframe, yawning into his wrist. "Where are we going?"

"Kailyn has a Christmas party every year, and I knew that if I asked you to be my plus-one any earlier than I absolutely had to, you would get anxious about it."

Patrick stepped out of the way so Pete could come inside and out of the cold. Pete took off his jacket and hung it up next to the multiple that he just leaves at Patrick's, and he kicked off his black shoes so he could go into the living room and collapse on the couch.

Patrick was staring at him, and Pete couldn't read his expression.

"What?" he asked, eyes widening a little bit. "Do I look bad or something?"

"No," Patrick said, going to sit down next to him. "You look gorgeous, sugar."

"Really?"

Pete really did. Patrick crossed his ankles up on the table, and instead of yelling at him, Pete rested his legs on Patrick's. Pete's black jeans were tight and showed off the glorious curve of his thighs. They made his hips look amazing, and Patrick really wanted to hold onto them and pull him into his space. The sleeves of his purple checkered shirt were rolled up to his elbows, making the tattoos on his arms stand out. The top button was undone, showing part of the ring of thorns inked around his collar. There was a light purple newsboy hat on his head to hide the fact that he didn't do anything with his hair. For a hairdresser, he really didn't pay too much attention to his own. His eyes were bright and happy and almost seemed to sparkle.

"You look incredible," Patrick whispered, leaning over to kiss Pete's red lips. "Maybe a little too perfect. You're gonna have guys staring at you all night."

"Already jealous?" Pete asked, setting his hand on Patrick's chest.

"Maybe," Patrick muttered.

"You don't have to worry, princess," Pete said, kissing his cheek. "I only have eyes for you."

"Don't call me that."

"Princess Patrick," Pete laughed. "I love you."

"Let's go."

Patrick stood up, making Pete's feet fall to the floor. He grabbed his hand to pull him up from the couch. They put on their shoes and jackets, and Patrick grabbed his car keys.

When they got in the car, Pete kicked his shoes off again and crossed his legs up on the leather seat. He knew Patrick would actually kill him if he ever got the dirt from the bottom of his shoes anywhere near the car seat.