Making and Breaking

Sirius's POV

"Sky, how are you feeling?" I asked as I closed the door- leaving the rest of the Marauders in the waiting room.

She didn't look at me.

"Harry told us- you know. About why you did this."

Her back stiffened slightly- but soon relaxed.

"I'm not disappointed in you Sky- and I never was. I was disappointed in myself. I didn't save you that day that you were taken. It was all my fault and I couldn't deal with it."

There was a sigh- but she didn't turn to look at me; nor did she answer.

"I haven't been the best father to you, but I'm going to change that. I love you Valkyrie- and we're going to stick together; no matter what."

Sky looked at me, a ghost of a smile on her face. I let out a breath in relief- and pulled my daughter into a hug.

She hugged back.

---------------------------------------------------------------

A Month Later

Valkyrie's POV

I sat on my bed all day today.

Harry didn't come. He didn't come. Did he forget? Or just didn't want to come? Did he not like me anymore? Was I not good enough?

Of course not, you're ugly. And fat. And crazy.

No shit, that's why I'm here.

"Mr Potter, where's Harry today?" I asked quietly

He looked at his wife before answering me.

"He's busy."

"Oh." I replied softly, biting my lip.

Sirius' POV

I looked at my daughter in concern- I knew she was really disappointed that Harry didn't come today.

"Time's up." Reece called. We all stood up from our chairs, and I hugged Sky goodbye.

"See you next week Sky."

"See you next week... dad"

My shock was obvious on my face as we walked out of her room.

Dad... she called me dad...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry,

You forgot to visit Valkyrie yesterday- she was really upset, as much as she tries to hide it.

Is there a proper reason that you missed your visit? Or did you just forget?

I'm really disappointed, but next time just tell me why you're not coming so I can tell Valkyrie.

Hope Hogwarts is treating you well,

Padfoot

I sent the letter with my owl, getting a quick response from my godson.

Sirius,

Sorry that I couldn't be there yesterday- I've taken up tutoring younger students for DADA, and one session was booked for yesterday.

I'm sure you know Molly and Arthur Weasley? I'm tutoring their daughter- Ginny.

I'll be sure to let you know in advance if it happens again.