Yol-net

I pulled into a parking spot, taking a deep breath at the sight of my best friend's old house.

I took my keys out of the ignition and walked to a bench near the edge of the park. I sat and looked at my phone for a quick second, checking to see if Seamus had texted me. 

Someone touched me on the shoulder, making me jump a little.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you," a deep voice spoke from above me. 

I looked up to see Seamus, he looked a lot taller than before and was definitely a lot more muscular. 

"Oh h-hi. It's fine," I said, standing up. 

"Sorry about the note, I just figured that would be a better way than talking to you. Just because, um, that thing that happened," he said, looking at his feet.

"Ya, so we read each other's minds and communicated as well," I asked to clarify.

He nodded, "Yeah, but how did you get this gift?"

I took another deep breath. "It was actually very close to here, that's why I choose it," I said, looking somewhat in the direction that the accident had happened.

"That's strange, me too," he said as he began walking.

I walked next to him, "Well, um, I used to go over to my best friend's house almost every day. She lived very close to here. O-one day her dad had gone out to get the mail. It's kind of a long story, but he was run over," I said, attempting to stop the burning sensation that lit of the back of my throat.

He looked at me, "Please don't cry, I know it's a touchy subject. This is scaring me a little, I used to live right there," he said, pointing to an old blue house. "One day, my neighbor was run over while I was outside," he said, his eyes red.

"S-so we both got this...thing, from seeing him pass away," I asked, my breath becoming shallower.

"So you're the little brunette girl that I used to see pretty much everyday?" 

"Yeah. Wait, so your the little black-haired boy that used to play in sprinklers by himself," I asked, giggling a little.

"Yeah, that was me. So we used to know each other and the same accident gave us the same 'power'," he recapped. 

I nodded. "Yes, did your eye color change," I asked, looking at his violet eyes.

He nodded, "I assume yours did too?"

I again nodded. "Yeah, I haven't met anyone with gold eyes ever. So I can definitely say that, the accident did this to me." 

"Makes sense. Wasn't there another girl outside that day, with you," he asked.

"Yes, she isn't with us anymore though." I said, looking at the ground.

"I'm sorry," he comforted me, putting his arm around my shoulder.

"It's sad, but I can't change the past," I said, almost scooting closer to him. 

"So we don't know if she ever had powers," he said, looking around as if he were thinking. 

"This is a lot to take in; so we can communicate through our eyes basically," I asked for clarification. 

He nodded again. "Yes."

 His phone rung. He quickly picked it up saying, "Hello." He paused and listened. "Okay, I'll be home in a second mom," he said and hung up. 

"I'm really sorry, my mom needs me home. Call me later, we can talk more about it," he told me, walking towards his car. 

'He is beautiful.' I thought 'OH SHIT!' I quickly ran to my car, hoping that he didn't hear.

(601 words)