Chapter 3- Picnic in the park

Hey everyone,

here's chapter three hope you enjoy it (:

Eww I have block exams this week wahhh :'(

Again sorry for any mistakes 

Cassie x0x0

HADLEY’S POV

“So what do ya think?” Michael asks me when they finish playing a couple more songs. “Meh, you’re alright, but I’ve heard better.” I say, deciding to have some fun. “Oh really now?” Calum says joining in on the conversation. “Yeah, I don’t know what all the fuss was about, you’re not even that great.” I shrug cheekily. “You’re gonna regret saying that you know.” Michael says with a playful smirk tugging at his lips. “Oh is that right? And how exactly are you planning on doing that?” I question him. “Like this!” He says signalling to the boys and before I know it I am pushed onto the floor under a pile of 4 boys, who are tickling me non-stop. “Okay, Hahaha, okay seriously stop, HAHAHA!!!” I say in between laugh. “Tyla stop standing there, HELP ME!” I yell at him and he just laughs and calls out “Sorry sis.”

“So seriously what do you reckon?” Ashton asks me seriously after they finish their little tickle fest. “Like I said you’re okay..” I say and his smile drops. “Aw I’m kidding you guys are amazing!” I say quickly before jumping on him and hugging him, which was kind of an awkward thing for me to do… good one Hadley. “Uh, so um what are we doing now?” I ask awkwardly, and everyone looks around at each other for ideas. “Um what about a picnic down by the pond at the park?” Luke says and everyone agrees.

The park was so pretty, I remember coming here with my family when I was little, but I had forgotten all about it until now. “Race you to the tyre!” Tyla says before running off and it takes me a minute to register what he means before sprinting off after him. I quickly catch up to him and jump on his back for him to piggy back me. When we used to come here there was always a tyre that was tied to a tree like a swing and Tyla and I would always race each other for the first go. “You know dad was the one who tied the tyre to the tree?” Tyla says to me. “Really? I don’t remember that.” I say. “Yeah you would have been like one or two when we started coming here.” “That’s probably why I don’t remember then.” I reply, keeping an eye out for the right tree. “THERE IT IS!!” I yell before jumping down from Tyla’s back and running up to the tyre. “Do you reckon it’s still safe?” I say wearily. “Only one way to find out.” Tyla says as he lifts me onto it and starts gently swinging it, like dad used to. The rope pulls and moves a little bit and I thought it was about to break, but I think it was just adjusting to the new weight. I don’t think it has been used much since we last came here, probably about six years ago now.

“There youse are, we thought we lost you.” Michael says as he walks into the little tree surrounded clearing and putting the basket on the table. “Yeah sorry about that.” I laugh. “So how did you know about this place?” Luke asks curiously. “We used to come here all the time when we were little, our dad was the one who put this up.” Tyla says pointing to the tyre swing. “Oh okay.” Luke smiles and I hop off the tyre to see what food there is.

“Ahhh no, Hahaha, no, Hahaha.” I laugh as Luke tries to throw water on me. We finished eating and decided to go run around in the park to work off the food and it ended up in a full on water fight. “GOTCHA!” Calum yells as he pours water on Luke and I. “Really Calum? I thought we were friends?” I pout and he puts his hand out to help me up, only I pull him down to the ground and throw the bowl of water Luke had on him. “HEY! I was gonna help you up.” He whines. “Aw bubba, I’m so sorry.” I smirk before running off laughing. I’m not running for very long when I feel another wave of water being thrown on me I turn around to see Ashton standing there innocently. “You’re gonna pay for this Irwin.” I growl before going to the pond and filling more water in my bowl. “Oh am I now?” I feel his hot breath on my neck and I pray to myself that he doesn’t do what I think he’s going to do. I turn around just in time for him to push me backwards into the pond with a loud splash. He will be very sorry he did that!

“Oh my god hahaha are you alright?” Michael says laughing while jogging over to the pond. “Just dandy.” I say sarcastically and roll my eyes. “Anyone wanna help me out?” I ask all the laughing faces. “Here.” Calum says and puts his hand out. “Thanks.” I say taking his hand, and pulling backwards as hard as I can. “Hey what are you doing?” He manages to spit out before he also comes tumbling into the water with me. “I really gotta stop falling for that!” He says shaking his head. “Yeah you really do... Although it is quite entertaining.” I chuckle. “For you maybe.” He mumbles under his breath. “Hey! Who’s in here with you huh?” I reply before using him to get myself out of the water and walking off to the car with the others. “HEY COME BACK! OI WHERE ARE YOU GOING?” Calum yells and I turn around and start laughing at him struggling to get out on his own. “Go and help him.” I whisper to Tyla and keep walking to find something to cover my freezing body.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

“You okay hunny?” My mum asks coming into my room. We had not long come back from the park and I had just had a shower and was now taking down the photos of Mason and I that were around my room. “Yeah I guess… Mason and I broke up…” I sigh and feel the stinging sensation of the tears threatening to spill once again. “Oh darling, do you want to talk about it?” She asks sympathetically. I have the sort of relationship with my mum where I can tell her anything and she doesn’t judge me, well not until she hears the full story anyway.

I spend about an hour explaining to mum what happened with Mason before she leaves my room and I feel the same as I did this morning.

It’s going to take a while to get used to the fact that Mason and I aren’t together anymore and even longer to get over that he was cheating on me. It’s reopened all of the wounds that Ben left me with, but hopefully, just hopefully it will be easier this time.